Weaning a Baby Without Giving a Milk Alternative

tankel

Super Mama
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone here did not offer a milk alternative when they stopped BFing or giving formula after age 1?

Hi Tankel. I'm not sure if my dd was at the wrong age to compare but I didn't offer a milk alternative when I finished bf at 26 months.

Hey, just wondering if anyone here did not offer a milk alternative when they stopped BFing or giving formula after age 1?

Depends what you mean by a milk alternative....Do you mean that baby cannot have cows milk so you are wondering how to get the calcium etc in to baby if not formula or breastmilk?

My LO was breastfed to 27months. Until about 20 months she didn't like cows milk and I think if she had not been breastfeeding she would have got very hungry and had to eat more snacks (if that's even possible) between meals. She did however eat yoghurt and cheese.

Bunny is 12 months and is still BF occasionally. I am also supplementing with formula due to weight concerns. She can have cows milk, but I'm wondering if it is necessary because she doesn't seem to care either if she gets the extra milk or not

Bunny is 12 months and is still BF occasionally. I am also supplementing with formula due to weight concerns. She can have cows milk, but I'm wondering if it is necessary because she doesn't seem to care either if she gets the extra milk or not

I don't think cows milk is necessary. There are lots of ways to get calcium in the diet. Things like tahini/ sesame seeds, nuts and leafy greens have plenty of calcium. If you want diary then yoghurt is excellent.

Dd2 doesn't have as much booby milk as dd1 did so I think I'll try to make a good smoothie drink for her soon. Maybe with yoghurt, some berries and greens all whizzed up (not filled with fruit etc) Here's hoping she drinks it.

I do not plan on an alternate milk (alternative to breastmilk that is) such as cow's milk or soy or nut milk. But then again he will be 4 when I wean him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->