Weaning and milk feeds.

Is it not enough that I de-rail your thread but then YOU join in!! :rofl:

I'm pretty sure it's nothing which is why I'm not itching to test but I promise to PM you in the unlikely event of any news x

I always nursed Hayden before any meals...granted he didn't like solids so I guess it was a bit different. At his 12mo appt our pedi recommended that i start offering solids first then letting him nurse if he wanted right after, or whenever he wanted after...or if he refused solids. he didn't really start eating solids until 9mo...so by 12mo he still was on just 1 maybe 2 meals a day so that's why she suggested we change it. But if i were in your situation I would do it before, wait maybe an hour or so like the others suggested and then do breakfast. The early morning feeds right after he woke up were always my favorite :)

Good luck MM!!

:rofl: @ kat, we threadjacked, she told us off, then did it herself!! i'd better get a PM too!!

So girls - I dsidn't follow your advice at all this morning :blush:!!!

Oliver had 2 long feeds in the night - 2am and 5.30am, so when he woke at 8, he ate a bowl of rice pudding with mango, with gutso! Then he had a milk feed half an hour later. I'm seeing the HV tis afternoon, so will chat to her too. He doesn't sleep through the night - always has a feed around 5.30, so does this change things? If he hadn' fed at all through the night, I would certainly offer him milk first. What do you think?

And Mervsmum & Alice and Bump, if I want to contribute to the derailment of my thread, I shall!!!:rofl:

oh god i dunno! cos 5.30 is kinda morning i suppose!! i'd see what HV says. cos its not as if he's not had anythin since he went to bed! are you still thinkin of tryin to drop the night feeds, or are you keeping them??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->