Weaning and sudden poop changes?

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
So far I've been giving Claire veggies and she's had no problems with them at all. I've been sticking to Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash and Parsnips for the time being, until she gets better with them.

It's been a month now that she's had them, and hasn't had any poop changes aside from them being a bit more formed, but she doesn't have any problems passing her stools.

Last night, I gave her Sweet Potatoes which she's had quite a few times over the past month and no problems. However, when I changed her diaper today it looked like she didn't even digest the sweet potatoes. I've seen her poop change its hue to whatever colour of veggie she's eating, but I've never seen her poop out pretty much exactly what went in her mouth.

Like, if it hadn't had been mixed with her actual poop, I could've scraped out and fed it to her again! It wasn't all of her poop that was like this, it was kind of "swirled" with her regular stool colour. Not sure if I'm describing it correctly, but it was like undigested sweet potatoes swirled with poop!

Yuck.

Since I've never seen it before, was wondering if that's normal? I make her food and she hasn't reacted yet to anything I've given her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ya, it is normal. When I changed the one little guy who I babysit, he is 21 months now, he has actual food in his poop, undigested foor there all the time... lol

just wait till you feed carrots haha

Yes it's normal :hugs: I had a minor panic over this exact same thing with Alyssa. Ryder's right - wait until it happens with carrots! :rofl:

Okay, phew!

It's the first time it had ever happened after a month of giving solids, so I was kinda concerned!!!

:blush:

I have a Q, how do you feed parsnips? They have kind of an oniony taste, I use them to make mashed potatoes, they give a nice flavor. But I have never heard of anyone else feeding them!

I just peeled them and then boiled and mashed like I did the other veggies. :)

She likes them, but was a little "wtf" when I first gave them to her as they have a pretty strong flavour. So far so good with them though!

:hugs:

We fed A peas and he has had smooth explosive poops for 2 days :shock: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"