Weaning books and websites and equipment

Izzie74

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any good Weaning books and websites? I have a few months to go, but want to read up. Have only looked at nhs one so far.

Also, what equipment is good and what has proved useless?

Thank you

I really like this book. It is really well laid out and gives me lots of menu ideas. I'm only a few weeks in (started at 5 months) though so I'm not an expert!

In terms of equipment, I bought cheap little pots from Amazon to store frozen purées I which have proved useful as the ones in the shops can be expensive. If you are starting at 6 months and/or doing BLW you won't need much - just some bowls, spoons etc.

I would really only recommend baby led weaning, you don't need any equipment for that.
Xx

I like the Ellas kitchen cook books
I think they are fab. As for equipment you don't need anything as such. Only thing I bought was some baby spoons and small pots to put in the freezer.

Highly recommend the Gill Rapley Baby-led Weaning Book. Also, the River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook is excellent. We used to cook things from there even before our daughter was born, and we still use it regularly now (she's 2). If you do baby-led weaning, you don't need any equipment other than maybe a high chair (and you don't absolutely *need* that right away) and some bibs plus something to wipe hands and faces. We use just regular flannels for clean-ups. We didn't use any bowls or cutlery at first. Everything just went on the tray and she ate it from there. Maybe started to use a bowl around 9 months and spoon and fork sometime after that, so no need to run out and buy it now.

I've also found the recipes here to be really great and we made a lot of these when our daughter was a baby: https://littlegrazers.com/

Everything equipment wise was useless as I did BLW. So we have a food net used ONCE but it was a nightmare to clean -life is too short! Suction plates/bowls just proved a distracting challenge. So just dump the food on the tray...simples,!!!!

If you want to do traditional weaning then I really recommend the Annabel Karmel books :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->