Weaning & Bottles

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
So I'm giving her 3 tsp a day of cereal. After she eats it though, she still wants a full 6oz bottle, which is what she would eat anyway. Should I still be giving her that much or should I be giving her more cereal?

I'd keep up with the bottle, mostly because of her age. As long as she seems satisfied that way

I think thats good. They're not supposed to cut out milk feeds much yet anyway. Lola still has almost the same amount of milk despite having 2 meals a day.

Knowing how much renah eats... lol... have you tried giving water instead with a meal?? Or make the cereal with water instead of milk?

Yeah I might try it with water and see how that goes. I think I need to talk to the public health nurse :rofl: she eats enough for 2 babies (literally)

Well shes got Jas beat for sure... Jasmine rarely drinks more then 30oz if im lucky lol.

Jasmine wont drink water... it sucks... Im going to ask my DR when I can start adding a tiny bit of apple juice for flavour. To keep her from getting constipated as we introduce more solids.

ugh 30 ounces I can only dream :rofl: we're on more like 15 now but Hannah's older and never been a big milk drinker

thing is that Renah isn't that big, she's just incredibly long. Which is why I'd probably go ahead and give her whatever milk she wanted :shrug:

What age is she?

I upped the solids and offered less milk when my baby was being weaned as he was also a big milk drinker. This was the advice from the HV and nurse. He was just over 6 months and had been on 3 meals for about a week and had been building up to that for about 2 weeks before that. Sorry can't keep up here so don't know what stage you are at!

Rae told me renah drinks 50oz a day which is ALOT! The problem with drinking too much formula is that it has a really high calorie count which can make babies obese if they have too much. Im sure rae will know if Renah is losing weight and needs more formula again :)

haha no kidding... you can see why rae was asking now!

Wow, 50oz!
But you know, she's far far from obese from what I saw, she's just a tall baby...

Holy crap 50oz? I bet that must cost you a fortune Rae!!

I agree with the girls though, keep at it with the combo you've got, dont give her any less milk yet hun

Harry is having a small bowl of rice 2x a day but hes still having milk all the time too!!

Yeah I know, she's a guzzler. Its between 45-50oz every day, never less than 45!

but you're right, she isn't fat, she's just so, so long. She's actually only got 2 tiny rolls behind her knees...so much for a rolly polly olly baby :rofl:

And yeah Holly, costs a freaking fortune. I defintely need to be speaking with the nurse I think. She gets her needles on ther 12th so I'll be asking her then.

I spend 3/4 of my day feeding her, she takes 8 bottles a day. Its soooo frustrating

blimey!! that's a lot of milk!

don't cut out any of the milk yet though, as everyone else has said. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"