Weaning Info!!

divadexie

Reaction score
I have printed both BLISS weaning guide and fact sheet things.

I have consultant paediatrician appointment at 2pm, and HV tomorrow.

Do you think that is enough info? They go by our own regions NHS guidelines that IMO are a load of pi$h!

Does anyone have anything else?

Like WHY it is best to go by BLISS guidelines.
Why we should start weaning 'earlier' and take it slowly.

I need some evidence to back it up.

Some evidence of the gag reflex in preemies and stuff please

I can't help you with links to research etc.

But what I can do is remind you that YOU are Anna's mother, not them. It actually doesn't matter what the Consultant & the HV say, they can only make recommendations. It is entirely UP TO YOU when you decide to start weaning Anna. They cannot "drop" you just because you go against their advice, they will have to continue supporting you.

So I wouldn't suggest you go in spoiling for a fight - just go in there and say "I intend starting to wean Anna in the next few weeks in accordance with the BLISS guidelines for premature babies. Do you have any information that can help me achieve this?" Your HV should particularly provide information and maybe some samples (we got a TT sippy cup).

eta. It's probably too late to say all that, I've just seen that your first appt was earlier today!!

I didn't even need the info! Lol!

Annas check went well, she is 8lb 9oz :D

I said ''I was a bit confused by the HV last week, she gave me an NHS Dumfries and Galloway leaflet for weaning preemies and it says go by corrected age, where all the info I have printed from BLISS tells me actual.

She told me she is happy for me to go by BLISS guides as Annas head control is fantastic, and as long as her feeding and bowel movement is normal then go ahead. I Have to do what I feel is right, and she understand the importance of starting preemies early and taking longer to do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->