Weaning Mummies - Meal Planners

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Hi girls

Very interested how babies milks & foods goes for Mummies with babies between 4 months (I see some started earlier) to 7 months or from anyone who can remember what their babies had.

Kind of like a menu/meal planner.

Caitlins very interested in foods so I'm wondering & curious how far I can go how many meals etc to consider if it be now or a later date.

Thanks x

i need to give you that bloody book!

ffs... its been on the dining room table for weeks..

btw, pm me your paypal details so i can do that 2moro

i use the Hipp charts to go on..

https://www.hipp.co.uk/weaningchart/

x

I just went with the flow, something like this

7.30 milk & weetabix/baby porridge & fruit
12.00 milk & pureed veg (later with chicken or cheese, like cauliflower cheese or chicken & veg & yogurt/fruit
3.30 milk
5.30 pureed veg & fruit (later on with chicken or cheese)
6.00 bath
7.15- 7.30 milk & bed (if Katie didnt take very much milk at this time I gave her baby cereal but this was at 7 months.)

I use the Hipp chart to go as a rough guide of how much to give him (Thanks layla) But pretty much decide what he's going to have myself. Oli either has fruit purees or the heinz brekefast yogurt for brekkie, and then has veggie puree for tea, only on 2meals so far. He takes about 4 or 5 teaspoons at each, and is still having 5bottles but only has 5ounces now. I thought he was supposed to take more milk but less bottles ie 2 9oz bottles a day eventually but dont seem to be working out like that for us so far lol. I also give him something to suck at lunch time like a cold raw carrot or big chunk of cucumber which he loves! He also has water or juice in between feeds jsut to keep his bowels going lol. I try to give him something different each day.

Roughly it goes something like this:
6am bottle
10am bottle and fruit puree/baby brekefast yogurt
2pm bottle
6pm bottle & veggie puree
Then bath and in bed by 7:30pm
10pm dream feed! x

that Hipp chart was a godsend for me, just to know when to go up a meal etc.

Adams feedings day is like this

6/7am - 7oz bottle

9am - oatabix with fruit or baby cereal/porrige and a 7oz bottle

12 midday - puree veg and a 7oz bottle

4pm - half a baby jar and a 7oz bottle

7pm - 7oz bottle then bed

That takes him through till between 6 and 7 the next monring.

I have to admit that im not cooking all his foods myself anymore, i did to start with but im finding with the other kids and the house to run that im just not getting enough time to stand and cook stuff for him, so i am useing jars aswell as my own stuff to help me out a bit.

I went to morrisions the other day and stocked up on loads to see me through for the next 2 months, felt soooooooooooo guilty and some of the looks i was getting... :(

x

:hugs: layla sweetie I would not worry at all, I try to cook or cook/freeze every day for kaie but with other kids sometimes that isnt possible, Katie loves jars as well and its handy and the jars are nutricious and some are organic too :)

nobody is superwoman and so long as the bubs are getting fed it dont matter where it comes from ;)

Layla I wouldn't worry about it :shock: :hugs:

Thanks for the replies girls yours Layla really helps as Adam is close to Caitlins age. When did you start weaning him can you remember?

it wasnt that long ago, i did try him when he was 4 months but he wasnt having any of it, i think he started trying to nick my food at around 2 weeks ago, since then hes moved on really fast and is now on 3 meals a day. and even after eating all that he still trys to swipe food out of your hand, hes a monster lol

x

just to let weaning mums know tesco is doing an offer on Hipp jars, 10 for £4.. know its jars but they are organic and like mamafy says they are nutricious and organic..XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->