Weaning my baby at 15 weeks and 5 days

jadesh101

Keira&Seren
Reaction score
Ive just started my baby on baby rice today and she seemed to like it her little tongue was going crazy, she seemed to be ready for it and stopped sleeping through the nights I had a feeling that milk wan not satisfying her no more after her bottles even though she could not drink no more she seemed to still be hungry when I have told people this they seemed shocked... So did I do a bad thing :wacko: ??????????????????

The recommendation is 6 months, with a bare minimum of 17 weeks according to HV's and Dr's. However, sometimes people are advised to wean early, and if it's right for your LO, then go careful. I would speak to your HV to check and make sure that you've tried everything before weaning earlier than 17 weeks. Hungry baby milk is intended to delay weaning so maybe that would be another option.

Be warned, you will get a lot of people commenting on this, as it's a contentious issue. I hope that this thread is not intended to spark that kind of controversy. If not (sorry, it had to be said) then I hope it helps your LO to continue to thrive. :hugs:

My baby is 6 months has just started solids and still wakes in the night. I do not believe it is a valid reason to start a baby early on solids just because they seem hungry and are not sleeping through the night. BUT this is MY opinion.

xx

i think there is an element of personal choice.. but there is also plenty of information out there to support waiting as long as possible..
its likely that your daughter has been going through a growth spurt which has made her more hungry?
ive just started weaning Ruby, shes almost 5 1/2 months now, but we are doing baby led weaning, so shes not had a lot of food at all really.. she mostly plays with it!

I was always left to believe the minimum of 4 months - 16 weeks and don't worry bad posts I can handle x

I didn't start weaning her because she wasn't sleeping through the nights I was using that as an example to her not being satisfied by her milk

i think until a few years ago it was 4 months.. but 4 months isnt 16 weeks, its more like 18 when you work it out..

When i weaned my 1st, she was 4 months(10 years ago). With my 3rd, i started at at just over 5 months. She is now 8 months old and will eat anything.

Every baby is different, but she mite be having a growth spurt.

This is a hot topic at the mo so expect replies.

V xxx

Have you spoken to your Health Visitor about this? She will offer you advice and explains the reasons why it is recommended you wait until 6 months.
xx

did you try her with hungry baby milk first? just a thought, but it might help satisfy her without having to give her solids for a while?

Here in the US my pediatrician says you can start introducing food at 4 months so I would says that you are fine. :hugs:

Don't worry, Hon. You know what is best for your baby!

Here in the US my pediatrician says you can start introducing food at 4 months so I would says that you are fine. :hugs:

oh thank god I am now so worried with all the criticizing that I have harmed my baby or something :cry:

no ones critisizing you, people just stated the facts.. im weaning ruby before 6 months, its only 2 weeks, but its still early!
i dont think you will have harmed her at all.. but it might be worth doing a bit of research then deciding if you want to carry on, or hold off for a while... at the end of the day, mum knows best, but some information is never a bad thing!

no ones critisizing you, people just stated the facts.. im weaning ruby before 6 months, its only 2 weeks, but its still early!
i dont think you will have harmed her at all.. but it might be worth doing a bit of research then deciding if you want to carry on, or hold off for a while... at the end of the day, mum knows best, but some information is never a bad thing!

oh I didn't mean that you lot was criticizing me but other people have thats why I have put this thread up

Nooo course not hun I am asking for advice lol but I think I should start trusting my mothers instincts, and just take it one day at a time, I have tried number 2 milk but but it did not agree with her and she was puking lumps and very constipated

Did you try a different type of milk? I don't FF so I can't really offer much advice. I'd speak to your HV about weaning early hun

yes hun like I said before it did not agree with her but first thing tomorrow I am going to ring the HV and ask her advice I was just trying to do what I thought was best :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->