weaning nightmere.........

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i'm having such a hard time at the mo with jack, he really loves his fruit like apples and bananas but he wont eat anything else like veg or anything, i've bought him some jars but he just keeps spiting it out and then crying so much that i have to take him out of his high chair, i just dont know what to do, any advice girls??????????????? i need help big time

When Hannah's like that with a veggie (which we're lucky she's not too often) we give her a spoonful of fruit and a spoonful of veggie and keep alternating between the two. Also have you tried giving him his own spoon to play with, might be able to get a bit more down him that way if he's distracted with the spoon.

I agree with Vickie. Alternating between the two may help you :)

Another thing I mentioned recently is Heinz has veggie fruit blend food you may want to try :)

Have you tried making your own veg? Erin loves her meat, veg and fruit which I puree myself but she will not eat jar food from the shops. xx

Hi There is a section on this a-lady-who-cant-be-named-book name removed. In her weaning book there is a case problem whereby a lady's baby wont eat veg but has essentially adapted a sweet tooth and will only eat fruit puree or porridgey type things with fruit it. She says to go right back to the beginning of weaning with baby rice for a few days and then add veg to baby rice and so on and build up to where you are now in the weaning stage. xxxx

Have you tried some of the sweeter veg like parsnips or sweet potato?

Have you tried some of the sweeter veg like parsnips or sweet potato?

That's what I was going to suggest. I used to mix butternut squash in with things - you can also mix apple in with carrots etc. x

Hi There is a section on this a-lady-who-cant-be-named-book name removed. In her weaning book there is a case problem whereby a lady's baby wont eat veg but has essentially adapted a sweet tooth and will only eat fruit puree or porridgey type things with fruit it. She says to go right back to the beginning of weaning with baby rice for a few days and then add veg to baby rice and so on and build up to where you are now in the weaning stage. xxxx

There is a reason that admin does not allow the name to be used on the forum. Please respect that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->