weaning of sertraline (zoloft)

hazzabeanie

mum of 2
Reaction score
ive been on 50mg of zoloft for about 6/7 months and I started to wean off them with the help of the gp I feel awful and not sure if its to do with the meds or general pregnancy??

I feel shakey dizzy my mind wont focus nauseaus tired just generally unwell feeling I feel quite scared \:(

My guess would be it's probably a little bit of both. Going off of meds is always hard to do, and I sympathize with you. I would call your doctor and let them know you're having a hard time with it. They might have some advice to help, but if not, I assure you it won't last too much longer. I'm sorry you're going through this!

I've been on sertraline for about 8 months now and have considered weaning off of it. Can I ask what regimen your GP suggested for weaning? Like did you start taking half your dose, or something?

I took one then miss a day then 2 days then miss a day then one day then miss 2 days then one then nothing it's awful though I feel horrendous

That's odd. Everything I've read online says that skipping days is the worst thing you can do, aside from going cold turkey. It seems like most people say the best way to wean off is to cut the dose in half, or even 3/4th, and then gradually reduce the size of the dose over a period of weeks. :shrug:

Just so you know, there's really not any concern with taking zoloft while pregnant. It's the most studied antidepressant with pregnancy so educated doctors will advise you not to worry about getting off of it. The benefit of taking it far outweighs the risk. What you're doing to yourself right now, by not taking it some days, is way more damaging to you and your baby than it is for you to just keep taking that low 50mg dose. Just wanted to inform you on the facts, hope it's going better for you :flower:

Just as an update from me, I've been weaning off it (I was on it because of postpartum depression, so I think I might be okay without it now). I took 3/4th of my dose for three days, then half my does for three days, and am now taking 1/4 of my dose. I haven't had any noticeable side-affects from withdrawing so far. :flower:

I was on a 50mg of sertraline and weaned myself off by cutting down the dose. I didn't feel terrible at all, but I wasn't pregnant at the time.
So it could be the way the doctor is weaning off or because you're pregnant X

I have decided to stay on them because I feel like I need to and the gp agreed that they are probably the best ones to be on xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->