Weaning off nipple shield?

If they do, it'll be reimbursement, so I'd still need the cash up front. I pumped a couple times recently, and Lefty is definitely producing way slower than Righty. He's gentler in the mornings, too, when I have more milk in general. He's still full after taking just one side, so I don't think it's an actual supply issue, but I wonder if he's just annoyed by the slow flow. I'm going to try taking my nursing supplements and drinking the tea, and pumping on the left once or twice a day to see if I can get things flowing more to his tastes.

I am having literally the exact same issues as you, and it's really heartening to see that your little guy is starting to latch without the shields :dance: Yay!

Clem had a tongue tie, too, which was released on day 3 and we have been using shields ever since because my nipples were very painful and severely grazed. But now, because my nipples are quite flat, she finds the shields a lot easier to latch on to and fights with me when I offer her the bare nipple :(

This gives me hope! x I hope it only improves more for you.

We've been shield free since last time I posted. It's been awesome! I'm sure Clementine will get the hang of it, I think Teddy just needed to get bigger.

Yay that's awesome! :)

Thank you :hugs: I think you're right, that makes sense because my son was on shields for his first 3 months of life (again due to my nipples) and one day I thought to try him without them and he latched fine! So maybe it is an age thing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->