Weaning with lactose intolerance?

littlekitten8

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
James has a lactose intolerance and is on a low lactose milk. He is going to go onto a lactose free milk as soon as I can get the dr to prescribe it. We are not weaning yet as he is 3 months but anyone have any advice on weaning with lactose intolerance?

I have a similar experience with my little one, she is 11 weeks old. She has been on lactose free milk for almost 3 weeks now and the difference is unbelievable. If James has lactose intolerance the dr wouldnt think twice about prescribing it. Has it actually been confirmed by the hospital or is it something you think he has with you being a nurse. Low lactose milk is no good for a lactose intolerant baby and im suprised that you havent mentioned Colief. Colief is the first thing they prescribe before lactose free milk as it is the first line of testing. if the baby improves with colief then they consider testing. What is his poo like, they will want a sample from him before confirming anything. If James is lactose intolerant then the paediatricians will want you to hold of weaning till around 6 months and a dietician will get involved to ensure that the correct food is given and that the baby is getting enough nutrients.

I would discuss weaning with your HV or dr personally as it differs for each baby.

I don't think Freya is lactose intolerant (I am, very much so) but we are weaning without any dairy at all, she just has soya formula in cooking instead of milk, and doesn't have cheese, yoghurt etc. I won't be giving her any dairy until she is over 1 year old. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->