Weaning woes

bumphope

Reaction score
So our lg has a huuuuge bowl of baby porridge for breakfast, inhales it in about 5 minutes. It's a good 3 tablespoons, probably more.

She's drinking plenty of milk, hardly dropped any since we started. She has never been a big milk drinker as you might remember from a previous post.

Lunch and dinner however..... She will usually eat a little rice cake or one of those carrot stix things, and she will chew on a raw carrot stick and maybe a spring onion / squash finger etc. I decided to do finger foods at lunch because she kept whinging during that meal and was happier to feed herself.

At dinner, I'm lucky if she will take the top off a baby spoon a quarter full of a bit of our dinner blended up, three times. She makes this frustrated sound like I'm trying to force feed her. So I stop.

She was having quite a lot of the fruit puree pots as pudding but now doesn't seem to like those at all.

I'm worried she is eating less solid food than she was a week or so ago, and I'm worried that she just dislikes everything we are giving her as she so happily eats the porridge.

Any advice?

Some babies are naturally hungrier in the morning which it sounds as though your Lg may be. If she is still drinking plenty of milk then no worries. She is only 6 months and food before one is just for fun. She has ages before she regularly needs to eat meals. If she is better with finger foods that is okay. Just stick to soft foods and things she can chew with gums.

I would just try to relax, offer her lots of variety and just let her get on with it. They don't need food really for nutrition before 1, so the quanity doesn't matter. It's the experience of playing and trying new things that matters. At 6 months, your LO is eating way more in quantity than my daughter was! We did BLW so only ever finger foods, but it's a slow process. It should be about her trying lots of new things regularly and learning to eat and experience meal times with you. The amount really doesn't matter for now. Also, they will go through phases when they eat less (just like we do) and that's totally normal too. My daughter is a pretty good eater and very adventurous, but even now, at 2, she'll go through a few days to a week when she won't eat as much, and then it's back to normal. They know what they need, so just go with it and try not to let it worry you. It's also pretty normal that they eat the most for breakfast. More than likely she's not had as much milk and no solids during the night compared to the day, so she's just hungrier in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->