Weaning

2nd time mum

Reaction score
When did you start this with your little ones?

When I had my first you were able to start them with solids at 12 weeks now it's 6 months! My new little one will never last that long. He is already on hungry milk and everytime I seem to think I have a routine with night feeds baby goes back to approx 4 hours. Nightmare sometimes anyway just now I have tried changing his teets on his bottle and that has helped as he is taking more but it will only last a few weeks before he will reduce feeding times again.

So what did you do and did it work?

We did BLW so started weaning at 5 months 3 weeks straight onto solids so the first foods she had were cucumber and toast.

By 6 months 2 weeks she was on three meals a day ie stirfry, pie and mash, pasta, etc. She eats anything and everything we do.

started at 6 months, glad i did because he moved through the weaning stages so fast because he was really ready for it ,and would eat anything. some babies may need ti earlier , but i would speak to gp or hv before weaning early :)

We started at 17 weeks but stopped due to sickness (advised to stop!!) have started again today, going super slow.....hv and gp ok'd it!!! It is early but trust me she loves it....but she can sit up unsupported and uses the spoon to feed herself!

When did you start this with your little ones?

When I had my first you were able to start them with solids at 12 weeks now it's 6 months!

The guidelines have changed because more research has shown that weaning before 6 months can be harmful.

We won't be starting solids until 6 months and we'll be doing BLW too. If Jack gets hungrier before then he will get more breast milk as I know he can digest it with no problems before 6 months. HTH.

my 1st child is 14 1/2 yrs old, so she was started off at 3 months.

my 2nd hated milk he always has he drink bits and bobs all day. i started tastes at 4 months and at 6 months we started blw.

start when he's ready and go slow thats the best way dont hold off because you scared of what people will say and dont begin through peer pressure.

We started both our girls at 6 months and did BLW with both.

The guidelines changed due to overwhelming research-based evidence. Science tends to advance our knowledge, these changes are not made needlessly, they are based on new knowledge.

I wanted to start at six months but Elliot decided to start a couple of weeks early. He didn't really eat then though, just practiced picking things up and chewing them. We started properly blw at six months and it's so much fun!!! He's learning so much more about food than he would with puree and he's also doing fantastically well with his co-ordination and manual skills :D

Started at 5.5 months, did purees and cereal to start and quickly moved on to more solid finger foods.

My 2 boys were both suffering with reflux so started weaning early so they had less fluid intake, they started at 14-16 weeks but I have waited until 5mths 2 weeks to wean my youngest because I wanted to do BLW but as she was prem she doesn't sit up yet so I have had to start with purees anyway but as soon as she sits up I will be giving finger foods to eat xxx

just over 3 months for us but as a result of reflux, it was rice/porridge until 4 months and then went onto puree's

We started at 6months...he was happy with just milk before that :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->