Weaning.

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I've been weaning my youngest for 2 weeks and unfortunately we are now in a difficult situation(living in temporary 1 room accommodation with no appliances and barely any stuff:cry:) to prepare fresh puréed fruit and veg every time which I have been doing for the past 2 weeks. But I know we are always advised to do it ourselves but are the jars really much worse? Are some better than others? What ones would you recommend/avoid?:flower:

After 4 months of DIY purees we went on holiday and i couldn't pack my blender, there was no freezer and i was stuck. We went with ellas pouches as they were organic and had no added chemicals. Their ingredients lists were really reassuring. Naturally my lo loved them and hoovered them off the spoon waaay faster than anything i had ever cooked her. I've read the issue with the pouches is that they are heat treated to give them a longer shelf life. This reduces their vitamin content.
She ate lots of mashed bananas, mashed strawberries etc as i had a small plastic bowl and masher with me.
I had a real fear of jars and packets but really appreciate the extra variety of textures and tastes that she is now getting. Good luck and hope your situation improves soon.

I use happy baby/tot pouches, and he's happy and healthy. It was a real blessing to have them as I tried for a couple weeks to get him to eat homemade food, but I was constantly tossing food away because he would barely eat anything I made him. I decided to try a pouch to see if he would like the new flavors I was going to try, so I didn't make a bunch and have him reject it all. He devoured the pouch like I'd been starving him. After the next batch of wasted food, I gave up making my own :(

Thanks ladies, I don't have any concerns on whether she'll like them because so far she's gobbled up every fruit and veg I've offered(even ones I don't like!!) But I will look out for those brands and also have a look/compare ingredients (I didn't think about checking the labels, baby brain is sticking around lol) on what brands I come across and do it fresh whenever possible:flower: I'm sure she'll try it and thank me cause it tastes so much better than broccoli:haha: the advice doesn't always suit every person/baby!

Your LO is 6months now so you can do finger food / family food where there is no need to purée. If you worry she isn't getting enough you can just make sure she gets enough milk to compensate. If you aren't comfortable with all family foods yet, I'm sure they couldn't sell the pouches if they were really bad for baby, they will just be expensive and you may have to throw out a lot if baby has discerning tastes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->