Weaning

Babybump87

Reaction score
Posting here as it’s more active .

DS I just over 6 1/2 months and for the last week I have started weaning him . For now we are using baby jars and he has 1/2 jar per day at dinner time . He still having all his 7oz bottles .

The problem is since we have started weaning him , he’s now waking at 3/4 am for a feed ?! He’s slept through the night since about 6 weeks old !

Any advice , should I add another meal to his day , he’s got a milk allergy so we have been taking it slow with weaning. He was born over 9lb .

I didn’t have this issue with my girls and as we know babies have their own ideas!

Any opinions / advice ?! x

Tbh I've never heard of babies waking once getting more food into them especially if they've been sleep through prior. I'd definitely start adding an extra meal, maybe now hes got a taste for food the milk isnt as filling for him as the food is, so try an extra or bigger meal before his bedtime bottle, and fingers crossed :)

Yeah I’ve always heard and with my girls hen sleeping through ! So confused hahaha !

Doesn’t help he wakes at 6/6:30! Maybe he’s just hungry /growth spurt or something [-o<

If he's still taking all his bottles the same then it's more likely to be a growth spurt or be developmental. Sometimes digesting food causes wakefulness too, due to gas or the new sensation of digestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->