• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weaning?

glamgirl

Mum of a beautiful Son
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well jayden is getting bigger everyday and will be soon 3months, i can actually a white little teeth popping out of his gums as well.

My question is when do i start feeding jayden solid food? Do i give him puree when i start it and how often do you feed him? Do you still give him the same amount of milk as well?

The general advice is 6 months, although you can speak to your health visitor about weaning. My health visitor advised me to start at 4 months with something easy to digest like baby rice.
You do need to give the same amount of milk. Bubbs wont swallow much to start with as he needs to learn to push the food to the back of his throat, he will push a lot of food back out.
Take weaning very slowly. I gave rice for a good while before going onto jars (lazy mare me :lol:) there are jars that are 4mths+ and i just stuck to them.

See what your HV says first though hun

good luck

I think it totally depends on how your child is with exclusively breastfeeding. My son couldnt stay full no matter how much I breastfed him...So around 3 months, I started giving him oatmeal and he LOVED it! He took better naps and everything. You are supposed to give him solids in addition to milk, so yes, it is the same amount of milk, you are just adding in solids. Good Luck!

thanks ladies, i shall ask my HV and see what they say!

I give max oatmeal in the am and pm before bedtime ..

and he gets some fruit or vegie around 2pm ..the rest is milk only

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->