Wedding Day and Routine??

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
Dont know if im posting in right place (sorry if im not)

anyhoo

On our wedding day Rhiannon will be 18months old, so not quite a baby baby, but still in a "routine" IYKWIM. Obviously its going to be a long day for her, and im a bit worried about how to work it so that she isnt grumpy and tired by 7pm (her usual bedtime)
My sister and her OH are having her for me throughout the day, but as my sister is chief bridesmaid Im stuck as to ideas to keep to Rhiannons "routine" without my sister disappearing half way through the ceremony or photos lol

Any ideas??

We're having the whole hoopla Church-Reception-photos-DJ in the evening Day so its going to be non stop for her bless her

Weddings I've been at any young uns have been taken up to a hotel room for an afternoon nap during the photos bit (between ceremony and dinner) and one of the parents has taken them up to bed at some point in the evening.

Is there someone else who isn't needed for photos that she knows could look after her? She prob too big to just go for a nap in her buggy.

My Brother got married in Nov & Noah was 14 months. I was bridesmaid & was worried about his routine as he's in a really good one and gets crabby if out of it!! I had similar worries to you!

He was fine - He got a bit naffed of sitting in his pram - he wanted to run about with the other kids so once he was doing that he was great! He got tired about 5.30, he had a little nap in his pram! He had so much fun being in the company of other children.

There wasn't much of a gap between the day & night do so he didn't sleep then. He danced his little legs off (I have a vid I should post!) at the disco and didn't fall asleep until midnight.

We just made sure we had a few of his little toys to hand and, juice the norm etc so if he did start to get grouch there was something to keep him entertained.

I'm sure she'll be just great :hugs:

i dont have any advise but good luck hun and hope you have a wonderful day!
:hug:

P.s - jealous :rofl: - my fella hasnt even popped the question although he says he knows exactly when he wants to!! likely story :hissy:
xx

I'd be inclined to get a back-up babysitter too as the photo seesions will be long and this is where Rhiannon is likely to kick-off :dohh: Her buggy will be essential for walks and general moving about and anything else that amuses her like her toys, teddy etc. Packing a little lunchbag would be good with foods she can eat on the go. Oh and if there are any photos you want Rhiannon to be in get the photographer to do these first :)

I have ben wondering about this too as im getting married in sept. Ive got my mams wedding first in april so gona have to see what shes like then really

x

I'm getting married in less than 4 weeks. I'm hoping caitlyn will be a good girl :)

I got married last June and Dylan was almost 2, we took his buggy and let him run/dance his legs off as much as he wanted and by 9pm he was crashed out in his pram completely unphased by the disco noise!! I was worried he would be a pain the next day for my sisiter as we stayed overnight at a hotel but he was fine, he didnt get up until 8am and was fine.
They are suprisingly resilient and they love all the fuss and attention on them so they dont play up!! Good luck, hope you have a wonderful day xx

I'm sure you will have a great day whatever and I'm sure Riannon will be a huge part of making your day special.

I'd just go with it and see what happens it's only one day. If your going on honeymoon and she's going with you her routine will get messed up anyway.

All the best for a super day.

We're going to a wedding on saturday (my sisters) and although Alasdair is a lot younger now that what Rhiannon will be, I'm just going to put his routine aside. We have decided my OH won't drink (neither will I probably) and he is going to drive so we can drive home when we want if it gets too much. Obviously you won't be able to just go home but maybe it'd be worth having lots of people lined up to take her off and help with her. I'm sure people will want to help as it's your big day!

We're going to a wedding on saturday (my sisters) and although Alasdair is a lot younger now that what Rhiannon will be, I'm just going to put his routine aside. We have decided my OH won't drink (neither will I probably) and he is going to drive so we can drive home when we want if it gets too much. Obviously you won't be able to just go home but maybe it'd be worth having lots of people lined up to take her off and help with her. I'm sure people will want to help as it's your big day!

OMG :rofl: i couldnt help but laugh out loud at this.. can you imagine the bride going home on her wedding day :rofl: :)

lol, my Mum was saying that it used to be tradition and the norm for the couple to leave early in the reception!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone, like the ideas Mamafy :thumbup:
will take her buggy and toys over night before so hopefully she'll have plnty to occupy her

Congrats Amy_tea ;) have a fab day..POST PICCIES lol coz we're all nosey :)

X

Really, didnt know that.. thought they had to be last ones standing an all lol...
but going by how much of a lightweight i am with alcohol and how i liiiiiike my bed, maybe leaving early is a good idea :rofl:

I was thinking about this too, Seth will be 2 days before his first birthday when weget married. We went out on NYE and he slept through the whole thing pretty much in his high chair and car seat but Im not sure if he'll do that during our wedding evening do, but MIL and FIL have offered to take him if he gets grumpy as they aren't really ones for parties.

Hope you figure something out and when you do let me know coz Im clueless lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->