Wedding dress code for the mr

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Right we have been invited to a wedding (the full thing) by a friend of mine. I'm trying to decide what to put oh in compared to what is appropriate.. Should he be wearing formal wear considering neither of us are in the party? He doesn't have anything smart as he hasn't had to wear anything in a few years and has put on a lil bit of weight...:haha:
I'm getting him trousers and he has shoes but should he wear a formal shirt and tie or is a nice chequered shirt ok?
My oh is also best man to another wedding so we have recently paid out over £100 on a suit for him so the less money to spend the better..
Thanks! X

Depends how formal the wedding and venue are, but generally I would say a suit with a shirt and tie, with the tie and jacket removed for the evening x

I agree it depends on how formal the wedding is. At my own wedding the reception was very informal - we had a bbq in the back garden so I didn't really mind what people wore apart from the wedding party but most guests still wore a suit shirt and tie and then removed the jackets and ties at the bbq.

All the weddings I've been to, most if not all of the men were in suits.

DH would always wear a suit to a wedding absolutely, can't he wear the suit you've just bought for the other wedding but just get a new shirt and tie so it looks different?

(Even my 2 year old wore a shirt/tie/waist coat at the wedding we went to last weeks!)

It's a bit different here as everyone wears kilts but there was only 1 or 2 men that were only invited to the evening reception who didn't wear kilts to my brothers wedding last weekend.

I would say shirt and tie, or a kilt if you're in Scotland xx

my oh always wears a suit daytime and trousers and a shirt if we go to night time only.

My OH would wear a suit, shirt and tie to a wedding and remove the jacket for the evening reception.

My OH wears a full suit if its all of it or trouser shirt and tie if its just evening do

Thanks for the replies, have asked oh to ask his mate (it's at his) if we could use the jacket an trousers and I will buy a shirt and tie for him. We paid for the suit, so in hoping it would b ok? What do u think?
I don't really want to buy 2 suits for these weddings and have him not wear either suits for another 2 yrs. thanks x

Should be fine hun, a suit is a 'staple' thing DH only has one, you've paid for it and so long as you use a different shirt etc it won't reveal the other wedding's colour scheme etc. I definitely wouldn't buy an extra suit.

I cant imagine why he would say no,especially if your oh has paid for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->