• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wedding dress help!

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
I need your help girls on what kind of style of wedding dress I should go for!

We are getting married in June 2010 and planning on starting to TTC from mid - late jan 2010, so I could be as much as 22 weeks pregnant at the wedding but also might only be 16 weeks or 12 weeks or not even pregnant at that point. So I need to pick a dress that will look nice regardless ofif i am pregnant or not and also how far along i am.

I also need excuses to tell MIL & my mum as to why i am only picking certain styles (that can be altered for bump) as they won't know we are starting TTC

any help or words of advice grately recieved!

If you got to a bridal shop and quietly explain that you may be pregnant around the time of your wedding they'd be more than happy to help. Maybe go for a shop that doesnt charge too much for alterations just in case!

the grecian style is in. maybe go for that? that then also covers your excuse you could say you really like the style.? or maybe go for one with a corsett back so it can expand?

Your better off seeing what styles suit you first, getting a dress just for a bump might result in having a dress that looks naff on you . Have you not got a friend that you could take window shopping first that knows you there is a chance you could be pregant.

The other option is to put ttc of for a few months so that if you are pregnant on your wedding day you wont be that far along. A wedding day is a hectic stressfull day that would be i imadgine loads more harder if your 22 weeks pregnant. Ask the girls in 2nd tri how they are physicaly at 22 weeks because most of my friends have been f****d at 22 weeks.

the grecian style is in. maybe go for that? that then also covers your excuse you could say you really like the style.? or maybe go for one with a corsett back so it can expand?

I have had a look at some dresses in this style and love them, they would work perfect with or without a bump so covers all bases!

Lozzy we have already put back TTC by 2 months for the wedding as otherwise could have been around 30 weeks at the wedding, we spent alot of time discussing this last night and are both happy with a maximum of 22 weeks (covers safety for flying etc for honeymoon). Infact we have also factored in a 2 hour 'break' in the wedding day between the wedding breakfast and the evening reception so can have a nap then if needed. We already had it factored in as future FIL's parkinsons means me gets tired quickly so while everyone is at the bar me and FIL can go for our naps hehe

I had an empire line dress and I'm sure it would have still been fine at 22 weeks, probably even later. I think empire line dresses look cute with a baby bump too. This is the one I got:

https://www.bigfridge.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wedding dress.jpg

It wasn't an expensive posh one but I saw lots in a similar style that were VERY expensive if you're wanting to go down that route!

rachel that dress is sooooooooooooooo pretty, empire line would work quite well also

I might not even be pregnant by then but would rather prepare than have to pay our twice for a dress

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->