wedding dress stress :(

callmedan

Reaction score
im getting married in May and in July i bought my wedding dress and stored it at my uncles house hung up in his spare room in a dress bag (this was the safest place we could think of)

I went to pick it up from his house this week and opened it up when i got home to see 4 small pull in the satin at the front just above the waistline

i am absolutely devastated as i know they werent there to begin with, plus I know it wasnt my uncle as he really is so particular about taking care with things, i think someone has been looking at my dress (which they had no right to do) and has marked it with a ring or watch or something, i know not purposely but nobody has mentioned it to me

there is nothing that can be done to fix them and even though my sister tells me you can hardly see them they are blaringly obvious to me and have almost ruined the dress for me :(

i dont know what to do, i dont want a new dress i want that dress as it was just perfect but i feel sick when i think about the pulls and the £!%$% who ruined my dress and didnt even have the decency to tell me

i know its silly to get so worked up about a dress but i have been so stressed trying to make things perfect for my wedding and this happens and it really shouldnt and its just like why bother even trying :(

i dont even know the point of this post but thanks for listening if you have got this far! xx

Have a look for a seamstress or someone who does alterations - depending on the damage they should be able to fix it for you (or at least improve it). If you had your dress altered to fit you -call them - i'm sure they'll be happy to take a look.

If you're stuck call the shop where you bought it and ask if they have anyone they'd recommend.

Don't panic i'm sure it happens all the time - someone will be able to help :D xxxx

Have a look for a seamstress or someone who does alterations - depending on the damage they should be able to fix it for you (or at least improve it). If you had your dress altered to fit you -call them - i'm sure they'll be happy to take a look.

If you're stuck call the shop where you bought it and ask if they have anyone they'd recommend.

Don't panic i'm sure it happens all the time - someone will be able to help :D xxxx

thank you for replying so quick! i am going to ring a seamstress but because of the material, i dont think there is anything that can be done
im just so mad about it all because i put it at his house so it would be safe not so nosy people could go and ruin it! and even if they had told me i would feel a lot better about it... xxx

i know i'd be annoyed too- just thinking for your stress in the run up to the wedding maybe try not to dwell on it. Could it have happened accidentally with the dress catching on the opening of the dress bag?

Even if someone did do it - they might not even have noticed when they did it. In my experience if you appear really stressed and upset by it people are less likely to own up if they were involved.

Just thought as well - if it really can't be improved or you not happy with it - you could ask the shop about adding a waistband tie, lace or decoration over the top to disguise/ cover it? it depends on the style of your dress though

Good luck xxxx

Sorry about your dress! I agree, maybe see if there is an option that can be added to conceal it.

Too bad adults tend to forget the childhood rule about not touching something that isn't theirs! :nope:

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate them! I never thought of covering it, going to have a look tomorrow and ask the seamstress what she thinks
Thankyou xxx

Sorry about your dress! I know how it feels to have a dress you arent 100% happy with... Mine was torn 3 weeks before the wedding and I had to switch to an entirely different style. I was originally very upset, but it helped a lot when my DH saw me in the new dress and said I looked even more beautiful in it (hehe). Still, it wasn't what I would have chosen in normal circumstances.
I just wanted to share with you that from my experience that I agree with your sister; none of the guests would ever notice the little errors that you do, and it wouldn't show up in the photos. What's important is that you dazzle your DH and you look fantastic in your photos :) So I know you might be more upset if it happens this can't be fixed but don't let it affect you on your wedding day, ok?

Sorry about your dress! I know how it feels to have a dress you arent 100% happy with... Mine was torn 3 weeks before the wedding and I had to switch to an entirely different style. I was originally very upset, but it helped a lot when my DH saw me in the new dress and said I looked even more beautiful in it (hehe). Still, it wasn't what I would have chosen in normal circumstances.
I just wanted to share with you that from my experience that I agree with your sister; none of the guests would ever notice the little errors that you do, and it wouldn't show up in the photos. What's important is that you dazzle your DH and you look fantastic in your photos :) So I know you might be more upset if it happens this can't be fixed but don't let it affect you on your wedding day, ok?

thankyou, this has really helped xxx
great that our OHs can say the sweetest things like this, your OH sounds lovely! :flower:

They say there's always something bound to go wrong, so just think... if it's this small a thing, consider yourself blessed! :) xx

Your wedding will be amazing.

They say there's always something bound to go wrong, so just think... if it's this small a thing, consider yourself blessed! :) xx

Your wedding will be amazing.
Thankyou :) I don't think I can cope with much more going wrong! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back