Wedding dress woes !! Can't find anything lol

LaPinska

Reaction score
Sooo we are supposed to have a very small informal beach wedding on 7/13. This will be my 3rd time getting married and both times before i was married in a courthouse and once wore a black dress and the other was so spontaneous i was in jeans and a shirt. THIS time i want it to be special, and "real", something i can show the pictures of him & i off and for it to be simple, pretty, and memorable..

But i cannot find a dress!!!!!! I wanted it to be the classic white for him and i, and just casual beach wear for the rest since it's nice and hot here. But i'm so pregnant right now, and my breasts are HUGE. I also have pitting edema from the knees down and can't wear any shoes or flipflops.

I'm not trying to spend more than $60 on a dress because i will only wear it for the ceremony. Strapless isn't happening because I have to have support, i'm a 36DDD or F whichever one I can find in the cup. Strapless bras do NOT offer support so they are pretty pointless. So it needs to cover my thick bra straps. Can't be low in the back also because of the bra strap. Then it also has to be empire-waisted because of my baby bump, and has to be down to the ground to cover my poor swollen legs and feet. Here in the US i have been to every shop in town and CAN NOT find a dress that is white to match the style I need. I have spent countless hours online looking on ebay,amazon & tons of maternity sites but can't find anything in my budget!

I am willing to settle for something that is white AND another color. And now i'm even willing to settle for something in offwhite, light beige, peach, pink, or coral. I'm red headed so it needs to be something that looks good on porcelain white skin. DF is nice & tan and mexican and can pull off anything (lucky him!!)

I'm seriously running out of time!! :wacko::dohh::shrug::nope::wacko:

here is the style of dress i am looking for BUT i am willing to consider dresses with sleeves aswell. I am just not small in the upper arms right now so it needs to be stretchy or frilly or something Lol. I really love the bohemian/maxi with tie strings look. I am short, 5'3".

this dress is beautiful, perfect and within my budget but by the time i found it they were out of my size!! :cry:
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTEyNVg3NTA=/z/ibQAAOxydlFS05Ho/$_57.JPG

You could try alloy. They have beautiful maxi dresses. They are not maternity but they do have a tall store I have ordered from when pregnant to cover the bump. Worth a shot!

non-maternity is perfectly fine with me it just increases the chances that i will continue to wear it after baby comes!

i was told to tape my boobs.

has anyone bigger than a D cup had success at taping their boobs to fit into a dress?

i think i looked at alloy earlier but i am looking again just to make sure!

Could you take that picture and the material to a dressmaker?? It's a classic simple design I'm sure it wouldn't cost much to make???

I bought my dress of the shelf in a UK dept. store for 160 pounds and then had it altered by a dressmaker for 30... All of my friends were staggered it was so cheap - I did a fun guess the price with the girls at my wedding dinner (we eloped so no guests - just dinner back in the UK) and they ranged from 500 to 1500!! xx

there actually aren't any shops in town that offer that. there are alteration shops but it costed me $15 just to have 1 inch taken off the bottom of a pair of pants! :/

Not sure how long you have but my friend has a custom made wedding dress on eBay from china or honk kong?! Took a few weeks but looked amazing and was really reasonably priced.
As for bras I'm dd and managed to my surprise to find a strapples bra that supported, is there a bra fitting store where you could try some?
If you have to wear a bra could you possible where a bolero to cover the straps as a alternative option?
Few on eBay that may work :/ but I imagine you would need to try it on if it was not made to measure....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxi-Eveni..._Dresses&var=510239359781&hash=item4ad1286aaa

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Summer-Wom..._Dresses&var=620296959921&hash=item51bd6bcc72

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sexy-Summe..._Dresses&var=410335434243&hash=item19ed27c96b

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WOMENS-SEX..._Dresses&var=550311184676&hash=item3a879285d6

Thank you Moonbeam! I love the second dress you linked- i found it somewhere else and couldn't manage to find it on ebay or amazon. I really like that one. Now i just need to figure out if i should get a medium or large?? It says it's made in "asian" size which i'm guessing means super petite. the sizing chart doesn't make much sense to me

Asian Size Bust Lining Length Dress Length
S ≤98cm/38.58'' 100cm/39.37'' 120cm/34.25''

M ≤98cm/38.58'' 105cm/41.34'' 125cm/37.40''

L ≤98cm/38.58'' 110cm/43.31'' 130cm/39.37''

i am about 63 inches tall, this means the dress will be too short no? unless im reading the chart wrong it looks like the large size is only just under 40 inches

Sooo we are supposed to have a very small informal beach wedding on 7/13. This will be my 3rd time getting married and both times before i was married in a courthouse and once wore a black dress and the other was so spontaneous i was in jeans and a shirt. THIS time i want it to be special, and "real", something i can show the pictures of him & i off and for it to be simple, pretty, and memorable..

But i cannot find a dress!!!!!! I wanted it to be the classic white for him and i, and just casual beach wear for the rest since it's nice and hot here. But i'm so pregnant right now, and my breasts are HUGE. I also have pitting edema from the knees down and can't wear any shoes or flipflops.

I'm not trying to spend more than $60 on a dress because i will only wear it for the ceremony. Strapless isn't happening because I have to have support, i'm a 36DDD or F whichever one I can find in the cup. Strapless bras do NOT offer support so they are pretty pointless. So it needs to cover my thick bra straps. Can't be low in the back also because of the bra strap. Then it also has to be empire-waisted because of my baby bump, and has to be down to the ground to cover my poor swollen legs and feet. Here in the US i have been to every shop in town and CAN NOT find a dress that is white to match the style I need. I have spent countless hours online looking on ebay,amazon & tons of maternity sites but can't find anything in my budget!

I am willing to settle for something that is white AND another color. And now i'm even willing to settle for something in offwhite, light beige, peach, pink, or coral. I'm red headed so it needs to be something that looks good on porcelain white skin. DF is nice & tan and mexican and can pull off anything (lucky him!!)

here is the style of dress i am looking for BUT i am willing to consider dresses with sleeves aswell. I am just not small in the upper arms right now so it needs to be stretchy or frilly or something Lol. I really love the bohemian/maxi with tie strings look. I am short, 5'3".

this dress is beautiful, perfect and within my budget but by the time i found it they were out of my size!! :cry:

I know the perfect dress for you!! I actually wore it to my baby shower lol because I am OBSESSED with white pretty things :haha: It's from Destination Maternity I believe, and it's either by them or by Motherhood Maternity... I'll find a link somewhere, one sec. I've attached a photo of me in my mine, but it does NOT do it justice! Oh, and it was $40.

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=908330453&MasterCategory_Id=MC3?WHITE

Attachments

• 10436259_10152175705262406_7165800614156889468_n.jpg
    10436259_10152175705262406_7165800614156889468_n.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 27
Yes it maybe too short... Will have anther look when I get a min for something similar but longer ;)
Just had a thought the dress length so that would be the measurement from your shoulders I think? Maybe worth asking?

Also, this place has some nice options although they are a bit over your budget:
https://www.bellyenvymaternity.com/catalog.htm?category=23&page=all

I know the perfect dress for you!! I actually wore it to my baby shower lol because I am OBSESSED with white pretty things :haha: It's from Destination Maternity I believe, and it's either by them or by Motherhood Maternity... I'll find a link somewhere, one sec. I've attached a photo of me in my mine, but it does NOT do it justice! Oh, and it was $40.

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=908330453&MasterCategory_Id=MC3?WHITE

the link isnt working for me :( i searched the site and it shows 2 long white dresses but they both have super thin straps. my bra straps are like an inch thick :/ ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

its looking more and more like i will have to change the color from white to pink/peach or coral just to get the right fit. i need to find out what day ross stocks their shelves so i can go in the morning and look. they had a lot of dresses in the right style and fit. but only ONE white dress, and when i tried it on it was so sheer you could see everything through it even though it had a sewn-in slip :dohh:

The dress that lunar spoon sent looks ideal - other than the straps, as you say. Could you not make the straps bigger by customising the straps with wider ribbon/straps that you could sew on so it covers your bra straps better?

Would something like this work? It comes in ivory.

https://smile.amazon.com/HE09102WH1...1_35?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1403814195&sr=1-35

Here's another one. https://smile.amazon.com/DLFashion-...189?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1403814542&sr=1-189

those are really pretty but too far down in the back. i'm really short. if the straps are not adjustable and require sewing i'm not capable of it. i won't buy anything that requires alterations because if i tried to do it i would more than likely ruin the dress and having it altered by professional is too costly. i could maybe cut them and tie them to fit somehow but that would completely ruin the straps. wouldn't mind if it's only a $20 dress tho

crap. well. they are both out of my budget any way, the first one is only a little over but there is only 1 left in my size :( i give up. i appreciate all the help and suggestions. i am just not one of those people interested in spending a ton of money on something i will only wear for an hour. it will have to wait i guess. maybe i will get lucky and come across something after the baby comes. then i won't be all swollen and gross x.x

Can anyone suggest me of any short wedding dresses at good price? The dresses you people suggested are long wedding dresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->