Wedding Dress....

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
How many of you have kept your wedding dress?

Ive been married 5 years now and am moving house, so debating if to keep it or try to sell it.

It quite unique as it Red so not sure how saleable it is, or even if I want to sell it, but not like im gonna wear it again and I have 2 boys so they are not going to want it.

I've still got mine and not a clue what to do with it. I had it altered as i was halfway through my pregnancy, so its gonna be kinda, maternity ? :rofl:

I dont think I have the heart to sell it or give it away. I wanna find something though

Omg I was thinking about this last night and wanted to know what you have all done with it!

Well mine is still at home and it's been almost 3 years (19th feb) since my wedding, I don't have much space in my house but at the same time I want to keep it, I have thought about selling it but I'm not 100% sure

I sold mine.

It was a maternity dress so unlikely it would fit the girls when they get married

Mine started out as a size 20 - im a size 12 :rofl: Must try it on for laughs

I bought mine second hand anyway, don't have a particular emotional bond with it tbh, it's just a dress. I haven't even got it out since I wore it.
There's a charity you can give them to help terminally ill people- either they wear it when they get married or they sell it to raise funds. I think I'll do that.

I'm in the process of selling mine. It'll be really upsetting but I need the money and I can sell it for the amount I bought it for which is great.

I'm also at 5 years and I still have my dress. I have absolutely no intention of selling it. My dress has a lot of special meaning to me (other than the obvious!) and I do have a daughter. Not that I would expect her to wear it but at least its there.

I'd sell it but my husband doesn't want me to! Sentimental old sod :haha:
I don't know much about buying second hand (even though that's how I got mine) but I'd imagine to sell a red dress you'd just need to target the right places to sell where someone after a more unusual dress would look? (if that makes any sense!)

My dress was custom made to my measurements so I don't think it would have much resale value to it. I could have it altered to a just below the knee dress and wear it again as a sundress though. I eloped on a beach in Hawaii so my dress is a super simple jersey knit type of material and only cost like $300.

I have two wedding dresses lol (only one marriage though!)

I couldn't decide, so got both...

Anyway, I have two daughters, and I want them to see what i wore when i married daddy!

I plan on keeping mine.

It's a personal choice though-if you need the space etc

I've kept mine and won't be selling it. My mum and dad bought it for me and then my dad passed away 5 months after my wedding so it would feel wrong if I sold it.

I might have the skirt part turned into a christening gown if I ever decided to get Tommy christened but that's something I'll have to think about.

Me and hubs would like to renew our vows someday in the future so maybe I could wear my dress again. I'd love to wear it again.. Such a gorgeous dress and I only wore it for 12 hours :(

Yea most expensive item of clothing ever and only wore it for a day.

I still have mine. It's not a great big pouffy thing so doesn't take up much space. My mum bought it for me and then got cancer 3 months after the wedding - she's still here but I just couldn't sell it. It's custom made to my measurements so I'd probably have trouble anyway! And I love it too much to sell it :wacko: Plus, I could get it taken up to below the knee, dye it and it's a nice dress for whatever... I want something else made out of it though, I just don't know what!

559789_10151294902442962_1310456720_n.jpg

The petticoat is bright blue :D

:cloud9: :blush:

Mine isn't a big thing to store so I'll be keeping it. I have two girls so they might like to dress up in it when they're big enough. I have fun memories of getting to try on my mum's wedding dress when we went to my grandma's where it was kept.

I'll be keeping mine. I still put it on time to time. It was break my heart to sell it.

Mines in the wardrobe. I have no intention of selling it

I'd like to sell mine, not that attached to it! No idea where or how though!

Six and a half years on I've still got my dress hanging in the wardrobe of the guest room with all the accessories. Can't imagine I'll ever fit into it again (was about 15kg lighter and a size 6/8 back then), but wouldn't want to sell it either as I absolutely loved wearing it.

I have a friend, who has a Christmas tradition with her mum and sisters to all get together and wear their wedding dresses on Boxing Day (I think), which I always thought sounded like a great idea.

I've still got mine and plan to keep it. My mum made it for me but it's far from simple - she's amazing at dressmaking, my sil asked her to make her dress too after that. She kept the leftover fabric from my dress and made a christening gown for our daughter too.

I certainly wouldn't force it upon Isobel but she'd be welcome to have it as her wedding dress if she wanted. I imagine fashions will have changed though and she'll want her own thing. I'm still hoping I'll wear it again one day - there's charity balls where you wear your wedding dress, they're expensive events though lol which is why I haven't done it yet! I did wear it twice though as hubby's grandma was in a home and couldn't come to the wedding so a couple of weeks later we and in laws dressed up and had a little party with her at the home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->