Wedding Dress....

I've still got mine and plan to keep it. My mum made it for me but it's far from simple - she's amazing at dressmaking, my sil asked her to make her dress too after that. She kept the leftover fabric from my dress and made a christening gown for our daughter too.

I certainly wouldn't force it upon Isobel but she'd be welcome to have it as her wedding dress if she wanted. I imagine fashions will have changed though and she'll want her own thing. I'm still hoping I'll wear it again one day - there's charity balls where you wear your wedding dress, they're expensive events though lol which is why I haven't done it yet! I did wear it twice though as hubby's grandma was in a home and couldn't come to the wedding so a couple of weeks later we and in laws dressed up and had a little party with her at the home.

Aww that was such a lovely thing to do! I bet your hubby's grandma was made up! :)

Still got mine, it needs cleaning and boxing at some point.

Mine's kind of got red wine marks down it! I lost count of how many guests spilt their drinks down me when trying to give me a hug. Piss heads :lol:.

I've still got mine. I'm keeping it incase I have a little girl next.

I couldn't bring myself to sell it. im pretty sentimental lol. x

Mine's kind of got red wine marks down it! I lost count of how many guests spilt their drinks down me when trying to give me a hug. Piss heads :lol:.

Hun you need it dry cleaned ASAP! The longer you leave the wine stains the harder they'll be to remove!

Where do you guys have your dresses? Mine is all scrunched up in a bag :(

It took up far too much room in my wardrobe!

I still have mine. I've been married 11 years this year. It was pretty nondescript really but I thought it was beautiful. I couldn't bare to part with it. If one of my daughters wants to wear it when they're older I would be thrilled!

I still have mine its up in the loft in its bag but it does need cleaning and boxing.

I had Phoebe's christening robe made from the shrug. Saw this on pinterest and thought it would be nice to do when she's older, and give the picture to her on her own wedding day.

https://melissa-stallings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/baby_in_a_wedding_dress003.jpg

If I have a daughter, I'd never even dream of telling my daughter it was there for her to wear if she wanted to. If my mum done that, and insisted over and over that she doesn't mind if I said no... I'd still feel horrible :haha: I wouldn't want to put my daughter in that position.

It'll stay where it is, folded in a suitcase under the bed till I can think of something to make out of it!

I wore mine in May, then took it to the cancer research shop in june :) xxx

I still have mine almost 11 years on. It's purple so I thought I could wear it again if I ever went to a posh ball or something. Still waiting.....!

It is still at my parents house. I have my wedding vow renewal on our tenth wedding anniversary, in August, and dont yet have a dress, maybe I should wear it again :haha:

ooh deff do Tasha- unless that it you want to treat your self to something new and sparkly.

May have been suggested already- but have you heard of "trash the dress"? It's where you get all gussied up and put on your wedding dress then go get's pics somewhere you don't mind it getting dirty? Some women get some pretty amazing pics out of it! I've seen some that are out in the desert, pools, rivers, lakes, mud puddles-- you name it!

If you don't need the money and you know you won't wear it again- might be fun :)

Google it- there are some pretty amazing ideas-- some include the spouse and he's all gussied up too. I love the ones at the beach during sunset and the couple is running into the water... I think that is something I want to do with mine eventually. Maybe for our 10yr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->