• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wedding favors

In our boxes, for the boys, we had 2 choccies and a scratchcard and for the girls we had choccies and mini chuppa chup keyrings:

https://www.strapya-world.com/images/medium/47-541202_MED.jpg

We had to have them imported from Australia, lol!

For the kids, I made up parcels of colouring books, large chunky crayons, sweets and chocolates, stickers, puzzles and games which went down very well.

Donate the £ you'd spend on favors to a charity which may mean something to somebody attending your wedding or that means somethig to yourselves.

xx

I made up little boxes containing 2 truffles, tied them up with ribbon and a little 'Eat Me' tag. We also put in a cancer research pin in memory of hubby's dad. We also had tissues at the church on the end of each pew!
(I can't find the photos of the favours - they are on the old computer, but here's a photo of the favours on a scrapbook page lol!)

Attachments

• The DIY Favours (600 x 600).jpg
    The DIY Favours (600 x 600).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3741 (600 x 400).jpg
    IMG_3741 (600 x 400).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 8
i had things that went with my colours i had little ivory chests with silver tissue paper and blue sugared almonds, 5 in each ..1 each for heath weath happiness longeivity and fertility...something like that anyhow i know theres traditionally meant to be 5

we had lottery tickets everyone loved them, no one won though

lottery tickets are a funny one, how would you feel if a friend won £10million on your wedding day? id feel pretty bummed!!

My cousin/pageboy won £50 on his scratchcard but being 12, couldn't claim :rofl: We found it amusing, he sulked and his dad was skipping!

My cousin/pageboy won £50 on his scratchcard but being 12, couldn't claim :rofl: We found it amusing, he sulked and his dad was skipping!

lol aww what a wee shame!! xx

Yeah I know, but it was amusing watching him pout. He's a little spoilt **** most of the time (we still love him) so it was interesting seeing him get his comeuppance for once after gloating to his sisters. I'm evil I know :blush:

I think my uncle claimed it in the end and put it away for him so he still got it.

Donate the £ you'd spend on favors to a charity which may mean something to somebody attending your wedding or that means somethig to yourselves.

xx

That's what we did. I think favours are totally optional. Personally, as a guest, I've never kept them as a memento or anything like that. I find them a bit silly and a significant extra bit of expense and fuss for the bride and groom to be bothered with.
If you like them, go ahead, but you can make the same gesture to your guests with a donation and it does some good rather than just create a lot of fuss and waste.

xx

That's what we did. I think favours are totally optional. Personally, as a guest, I've never kept them as a memento or anything like that. I find them a bit silly and a significant extra bit of expense and fuss for the bride and groom to be bothered with.
If you like them, go ahead, but you can make the same gesture to your guests with a donation and it does some good rather than just create a lot of fuss and waste.

I never keep them either - I'm always too drunk to remember. Unless their food and normally that starving I eat them :blush:

We're planning on love hearts/almonds which is really cost effective and then would like to make a donation to mcmillian care - the lovely nurses that came to look after my beautiful nan.

Have you got any colour ideas and that?
Have you looked on confetti.co.uk?
x

https://www.chocolate-parties.com/index.php?p=homehttps://www.chocolate-parties.com/c_Beautiful_in_Burgundy-51-1.html
I found this site whilst looking for something else
They do some lovely stuff and free brochures as well, which is always good for ideas and to compare prices

I've been puzzling over this one a bit too, I really don't want to get something that will just be left behind and I kinda don't want choc or lollies either.
Favourite idea at the moment is a xmas (or the like) tree decoration - thinking perhaps a peace dove - so that every year when they hang it on their tree it will remind them of us. Or if they want to be thinking of us allll the time they could hang it in a window? lol
I've also seen some really cute dove tea light candle holders but i think that depends more on taste and decor style of the person receiving it as to whether they would use it so I think the decoration is a safer bet...
Another thing ive seen that I was kinda keen on was four leaf clovers set in a circle of resin either as pendants, magnets or just like little luck charms.
I was also thinking of making up cd's of songs that have meaning to us to put in as well, just as a little personal something?
I'm thinking of using noodle boxes or little bamboo steamers as the boxes to continue the quasi asian theme (having yum cha) and was considering chopsticks as well....
Argh overload! Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"