• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wedding favors

If anyone is into different favours, you could get pens with your names and date written on. I just bought 100 pens with writing on from ebay for £49 delivered and they're pretty pens not ugly cheap ones.

I've been puzzling over this one a bit too, I really don't want to get something that will just be left behind and I kinda don't want choc or lollies either.
Favourite idea at the moment is a xmas (or the like) tree decoration - thinking perhaps a peace dove - so that every year when they hang it on their tree it will remind them of us. Or if they want to be thinking of us allll the time they could hang it in a window? lol
I've also seen some really cute dove tea light candle holders but i think that depends more on taste and decor style of the person receiving it as to whether they would use it so I think the decoration is a safer bet...
Another thing ive seen that I was kinda keen on was four leaf clovers set in a circle of resin either as pendants, magnets or just like little luck charms.
I was also thinking of making up cd's of songs that have meaning to us to put in as well, just as a little personal something?
I'm thinking of using noodle boxes or little bamboo steamers as the boxes to continue the quasi asian theme (having yum cha) and was considering chopsticks as well....
Argh overload! Sorry!

you can make your own you know. You can get see through baubles that you pull apart and put things in and decorate yourself. Just a thought. Dunno where to get them but you should be able to find them cheap and easy enough on google

what about little plants or seed packets. then they can plant them?

you can make your own you know. You can get see through baubles that you pull apart and put things in and decorate yourself. Just a thought. Dunno where to get them but you should be able to find them cheap and easy enough on google[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I'm thinking less like baubles and more shaped decorations, i know that doesn't make sense but hopefully you get what i mean? lol
I'm thinking about maybe making some doves out of a similar lace to my dress... save money that way too...
Sounds like you got a great deal on those pens btw, nicely done!

Oh seedlings! Thanks for reminding me!!! :happydance:

At this rate my favours will be in tote bags! :dohh:

We did the charity thing too. We donated to the SPCA and I did up little cards for each place setting telling the guests that's what we did. Each card has a picture of pets that myself or DH had growing up or pets that we own now (we have 2 cats and a dog).

Personally, I think I have kept 2 favours from all the weddings I have been to.

We gave out different herbs to guests, and just packaged them nicely. :)

We've bought ivory organza bags and going to put everyone a lottery ticket in it the kids will get sweeties in theirs, cheap and easy!! xx

me and oh went to his cousins wedding last year and for there wedding favours they had those tiny bottles of jack daniels

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->