Wedding invitations

xPH03N1Xx

Reaction score
I'm just after a little bit of help, especially from some US brides!

I design wedding invitations, previously just locally and for people that I know, but I've just made the move onto etsy and I need a little but of help regarding paper sizing!

I've always worked with our international paper sizes that we use in Australia and I believe UK too but I've had a lot of customers enquiring from US and I'm just nit sure what sizes I should be producing for those of you that use US paper sizes.

So my question is... What sizes do you ladies like your invitations!?

I would also like a little bit of inspiration to expand my collection... Are there some common themes or colours being used in the US currently?

I'm in the US and we were doing our own so I designed them to fit two to a US Letter sized piece of paper and then guillotined them myself at Kinko's. :haha: Then I found the right sized enveloped... A5 or A7 or something I believe?

Our invites are many sizes. I think mine were 4 inches by 6 inches. As far as colors and themes - woodsy, peacock, and girly. You can get on Pinterest.com and look at the wedding pins to see what people are planning and get inspiration!

I'm in the US and we were doing our own so I designed them to fit two to a US Letter sized piece of paper and then guillotined them myself at Kinko's. :haha: Then I found the right sized enveloped... A5 or A7 or something I believe?

That's about the sizes that I work on for Aus clients. To fit 2 to a standard A4 page. Our A4 page is in between your letter and legal sizes I believe and it's throwing me off a little!

I'd say A6 is probably around the size most people want. That's the size we did our thank you cards and about the size of our invites, though they were a box and we DIYed it.

I'd say A6 is probably around the size most people want. That's the size we did our thank you cards and about the size of our invites, though they were a box and we DIYed it.

Are you in UK? The biggest problem I'm having with US customers is that they have no idea what I'm talking about when i say A5 or A6. So I've had to double all of my samples into sizes 2x3 4x6 and 5x7 just so they know what sizes they're purchasing!

I usually work with A5 invitations, and then A6 for RSVP cards etc. Or DL sized invites. Which throws them another curveball as DL is 1/3 of an A4, but an A4 is between legal and letter US paper sizes. And it's just a nightmare! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->