Wedding Money Savers

ozbutterfly

Reaction score
I hope this is okay to post this... Someone asked me about further tips to save money on your wedding, and I ended up writing heaps! :blush:

So, in case anyone is interested, I put everything I typed up here: https://www.longrelationships.com/tips-to-save-money-on-your-wedding/

I hope people find it useful. :) :blush:

Thanks so so so much.
I wish i could give you a hundred thank yous. You finally have me exicted about my wedding (don't tell the OH, he thinks thats him :rofl:)

thanks!!! This has totally inspired me!! We were going to spend loads on our wedding and then I started thinking, why would we spend thousands of pounds on one day when we have the rest of our lives together?? The registry office in our town is kind of pretty and there's a garden on the other side of the road which is really nice looking and perfect for pictures. My OH and I are in love with a pub (not in the alcoholic sense, we just always go to this pub!) so thought we could rent an area of it out for the reception cos they do really nice meals!
It's not the big princess wedding that some people want but it is very "us" and thanks to your blog I can do it really cheaply!!!

thanks soooo much!!
xxx

Ive been looking around and i am so out my depth, everything from wedding cars to wedding insurance! I feel overwhelmed again. This is why i have hid from wedding stuff since OH proposed! :(

Thank you :) Useful to know for the future...when OH proposes (he already told me he will when he can afford to, i'm not jumping the gun here) xx

Well, I just hope mine proposes lol.

Anywayz we'll probably just elope. I'd rather spend the money on the honeymoon.

Plus not to be a mood buster, but a lot of people get divorced if you get my drift.

This is great! Thank you so much :)

RE: transportation, my uncle has a FLEET of nice cars, including a 50th anniversary red corvette, thinking maybe I could get him to drive me and my bridesmaids to the wedding in style?? :D it's not for a few years anyway!

Also.. if I were to rent out a banquet hall for the wedding, could I bring my own booze and have them serve it, or do they use their own and bill us for it? If I can bring my own I know how to get some pretttyyy cheap!! hehe.

Well, my uncle and his wife rented some space. Everything was provided and served by the family. I'm sure that saved them lots of money.

I'm glad I could help out.

Draz - Don't be intimidated. :) It's okay. I've never even heard of wedding insurance. :p I think the best piece of advice someone gave me about the wedding is "something WILL go wrong". And something did. :D But I had been keeping in mind that I could survive something going wrong and it would be fine - and it was!

My husband and I did it simple and people still mention our wedding.

I'd like a simple wedding :)

Dress off ebay, relative to make the cake, nice country pub for reception and a nice registry office for the ceremony. A lot have nice interior anyway now! However, I would love to go to the Maldives for a honeymoon hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->