Week late, spotting brown blood. Could I be pregnant?

kdawn92

Reaction score
I was supposed to start my period the 26th. On the 23rd I had a spot of blood when I went to the bathroom and didnt spot anymore after that. Yesterday (the 2nd) I started what I thought was my period but it was brown/black lumpy blood, enough to go thru a few tampons and it ended today (the 3rd). My periods are always regular and I've never had brown/black blood before. My husband and I have been tryin for a year. Has anybody else had symptoms like this and what was the outcome?

Hmm. The "black" blood may just be clots? If so, apparently clotting doesn't happen with implantation bleeding. Spotting is supposed to be normal throughout pregnancy, but I don't think that includes clotting.

Sometimes cycles can just be different. It may have been a strange cycle for you?
Have you taken a test?

Good luck xx

I really don't know how to explain it because this has never happened before. Its not like clots. When I take my tampon out and put it in the toilet the water makes all these black tiny "crumb" (kinda looks like burnt toast) looking things come off of it. I don't know if that makes sense or not. I took a test a week ago and didn't get to pee on it very well because my son was bangin on the door trying to come in and it took a long time for it to read. The result was negative. I plan on testing again in a week or so but after trying for a year I've tried to not get my hopes up and have tried to quit spending so much money for negative tests so I thought I would try to get some opinions on what it might be my body is doing.

Hmm I would definitely see a doctor. It could be so many things- old, shed linking that has dried and it coming out? I have heard of that before... Like, crunchy old lining.

Sorry if I'm not helpful. But I would definitely recommend a doctor. Hopefully they can give you an answer and peace of mind.
:hugs:

have a Dr appointment today at 3:45. I'll know answers then! pray for good news!!

Dr said he thinks it's a pregnancy that didn't take, meaning I had a fertilized egg but it just never attached itself properly.

since my Dr appointment I had a day where I had a peach colored discharge. it wasn't blood. I went to the bathroom and there was some in the toilet and some on the tp when I wiped. It was kid of lotiony like. It only lasted for one evening. I have never had discharge this color. I've had no signs of a uti or yeast infection and I know I don't have an stds. The Dr told me there was no way of knowing 100% what was goin on but because my urine pt game back negative he assumed it was a pregnancy that didn't take. I know I'm paranoid but idk if I should go back to the Dr or if it would be a waste of another $65. He didn't do a blood test and with my only other child I got a positive on the first home pregnancy test I took two weeks after my missed period. I'm wondering if maybe I could be pregnant but its just not showing up on a urine test or if im just being crazy because I've read too much stuff online. I read one forum where people where talking about this peach discharge when they were 5-7 weeks pregnant. I hate to bother the Dr if its nothing but I hate feeling that I really don't know what's goin on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->