Weight fluctuation?

Anderson8

Reaction score
So far I've put on 22 lbs this pregnancy.
I've not been putting on much in the last 6 weeks or so.
Last week I weighed myself and I had actually lost 2 lbs, but this morning I had put those 2 on plus another 2lbs!
Now I started with a higher bmi so I'm watching what I'm eating, I just can't understand 4lbs in one week! Anyone else had this?

My weight has been a bit up and down too. Gained 16lbs by at 26w but haven't gained since. I mentioned to my midwife at 24w app and she said weight can fluctuate with water retention etc so that might have something to do with loss/gain.

Did you have a chat with your doc about it? Xx

Nope don't see doc for another 2 weeks.
My mum said it will be water retention!

She's probably right. I know that when my ankles are particularly swollen, I weight more! Xx

your mum just may be right hun fluid retention really does make your weight go up and down just like how you've described. x

Sometimes there is just no rhyme or reason to it. Between baby growth, water retention, metabolism shifts, etc. Don't stress about it if you are eating relatively
Healthy.

Same here! I never put on much during the 3rd trimester (lots in one and two, though!!) and this pregnancy I have actually lost some. With water retention, I have had 24 hour periods where I have gained 7-9 pounds and then lost the same amount in the following 24 hour period. I wouldn't worry too much about it!

I gained 5lbs in one week then lost 1 the next only to go up 5 again the next. I wouldn't worry about it. I think mines a combination of the babies having a growth spurt and swelling starting.

Thanks, I was like what the hell have I eaten this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->