Weight gain by 13 weeks??

devonlady

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've not been on for a little while.. but am pleased to say that had my 12 weeks scan last week and all was well.. AMAAAAZING seeing our little baby kicking around.

Anyway, I'm now 13 weeks 1 day and feeling incredibly aware that I may have put on too much weight for this stage?! I'm 6ft tall and usually very slim (but with hips and curve!!). I had bad morning sickness from weeks 5 - 9 but since then have had a HUGE appetite and becuase I've been so tired I've been eating like a horse and convenience food too, craving all the wrong food!

Now I've noticed quite a bit of gain around my belly, which could quite possibly be my uterus hehe!!! But also I'm fully aware that if you gorge on bad food you will also put weight on! I've also dropped my exercise because I've been tired. I'm going to start eating healthily from today as obviously want to put the best food in for my baby :)

I just wondered a) how much weight have people put on by the time they reached 13 weeks?? and b) have they started showing yet?

I know that all women are different, and read on the internet about what you should gain in the first trimester, but would love a quick sweep to see what all of you ladies have experienced? I have put on 7lbs and have a little bump (I think!!). It could be that I'm totally normal... but just was curious!

Thanks...

xxxxxx

As far as I know that is completely normal - don't worry about it. I've put more than that on and I'm behind you. As soon as I have had my first scan (providing it's all okay) I am going to start exercising again. I know that stopping my exercise has contributed to my weight gain...so am keen to get back to doing something and stem the weight gain in the next trimester.

i havent a clue whats normal, i have lost a stone since becoming pregnant due to my ms xx

i haven't purposely weighed myself, but know I've put on quite a bit. I dread to know how much. But like you I've been so tired and then craving all the wrong foods and dropped the exercise. Gotta start that up again. xx

3lb for me so far and I will be 13w tomorrow.

7lb seems fine to me devon lady - I am sure my gain would have been closer to that if I had not been so unwell in the last month.

I've put on 9lbs and I'm only 5'5 so I wouldn't worry about it!
I just can't stop eating!

i put on 8lbs i think,,, im now 2stone heavier :(.. it does get you down, but try and snack on healthy foods ( easier said then done ) in pregnancy im just constantly hungry, i gained 60lbs with my daughter, hope to only gain 3 this time, then lose the weight after i have had him x

Are you considered in the underweight category? If so, my doctor said we should be gaining about 35-40 lbs....if that's your case, then I would think that you're just fine! :) Everyone is different, I wouldn't worry too much about it! Good luck with everything!

hi there just to let you no im 12 weeks 6 days and since probably 10 weeks i look like im 6months gone lol like you i was skinny yeah i eat more now but i look more fat than pregnant like you say everyones diff... take care of u n bump xxx

I never really had MS, and found when I got nauseous eating made me feel better :dohh: I also stopped going to the gym because I was so tired, and so gained quite a lot. Hoping to start swimming or some other low impact exercise to minimise the weight gain now I'm in second tri xx

I'm thirteen weeks and gained 8 pounds, I seem to have a nice fat roll on my tummy now... Honestly think it's fat, not the baby.

I put on 10 lb till 12 week I'm not eating very well have ms but just start throwing up in 11 weeks before that I'm just dizzy and nauseated I'm 5.3 my Dr don't worry about my weight gain ..this is my 5th pregnency and I don't ever put on that much weight in my any pregnency till 20 weeks ...

I've read that extra first trimester weight gain isn't necessarily followed by extra weight gain in other trimesters, and it tends to depend on what your body decides to do. Like, are your boobs gaining a lot? How is your BMI? 7 lbs isn't hugely too much either, the average is 3-4lbs. If your doc isn't worried though, I wouldn't worry.

I haven't gone near the scales but my bum and thighs have definitely expanded and I have a very visible bump - and I'm only 7 weeks! So it's not baby (although some of it is bloat not just fat!). From weeks 3-5 I was insanely hungry - like constantly snacking and eating 4 big meals a day hungry! It's slowed down now but I'm still eating more than I normally would. Despite having nausea and food aversions which I didn't have last time. I'm not even remotely worried. My body knows what it needs and if it needs to gain weight then that's what I'll do. I was slightly overweight last pregnancy (just over 11st at 5' 4'') and only went up to 12.8 in the whole pregnancy. I'm over a stone lighter at my start this pregnancy so it figures that I will need to gain more weight. I breastfed last time and developed hypothyroidism (but with reverse symptoms) and dropped 4 stone in 6 months! Whilst I'm not hoping for a repeat performance I'm not stressing about losing the weight. My body knows what it needs and I'll trust it. 2 weeks ago I was craving tomato soup, now I'm craving carbs. Just roll with it :)

I had gained 2-4 lbs. around 13 weeks except my last when I was dog sick and lost weight.

Some women can't help but gain because all they can eat when morning sick is garbage so I really wouldn't worry yet. It's weird how when feeling so awful only greasy or fattening food will stay down but it happened to me with my last. I still lost though because half the time even that didn't stay down.

I'm not to 13 weeks yet but I wanted to say you are normal and no worries. :hugs: I've lost so far this pregnancy but I have bad MS and I can't stomach much besides apples and carrots and cereal. I am fat to begin with though so it's not really a big surprise that when I stop eating crap I lose weight. :haha:

I'm 12 weeks and have put on 4lbs so far, I'll definitely have put on at least another 1lb by next week. Might not sound that much but I am definitely showing and this is my first. From what you read I'm assuming it's probably not baby, so maybe all that 4lbs has gone straight onto my tummy (and boobs, gone up x2 cup sizes) because I look pregnant now! I wouldn't worry yourself anyway, we are all different. I've been the same with comfort food and no exercise because I'm so tired, fx we move out of it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->