Weight Gain...eeek!

Lois

Me, OH, Evie & Joseph
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Bit of a panic about my weight...

At 16 weeks I had put on 6lbs and was fine with this. Hadn't weighed myself since then until today...and at just over 20 weeks I have now gained a total of 19lbs!! How the hell have I gained 13lbs in the last 4 and a bit weeks?!

My husband insists that I don't look any bigger apart from my boobs and tummy and I still fit comfortably into the same size clothing...and yet the scales definitely say I have put on nearly a stone in the last month.

How are you all doing with weight-gain? Am I normal or abnormal?! Should I relax and forget about it or should I be turning to the rabbit food for the next 20 weeks?
Heeeeelp!!

Lx

Dont worry about it...honestly. I put on about 6lb int he first 16 weeks then by 24 weeks had put on nearly 19lb. Last time i weighed myself it was about 24lb on one set of scales and 21lb on another (im going by the 21lb!).

I decided that im not weighing myself anymore. Eat sensibly but dont worry about it too much. To be honest byt he time you get to third tri your stomach is so squished that if your anything like me you cant eat much anyway which is a pin in the bum!

Every woman gaisn weight differently so really dont worry about it.

i weighed myself yesterday and i had put on 19lb alltogether so far!! everyones different hun i wouldnt worry about it too much!!

I've now put on 25lbs :( I'm trying to not beat myself up about it. MWs don't care about your weight anymore so we shouldn't either.

It just depends on how much water your body is retaining and its different for everyone i wouldnt worry i've given up on weighing myself now.

Thanks for all your responses, they've helped me to calm down about it.

I think I'm going to keep away from the scales from now on! I can't spend the rest of my pregnancy worrying about everything I eat because that will drive me crazy...I'll just back off the naughty snacks a bit and see how it goes.

Thank you!
Lx

I've not put anything on as yet....but I assure you I have plenty of "reserves":rofl:

With past pregnancies I've probably put on a stone or more by now.....I hope it's not all waiting to pile on at once:dohh:

Don't worry too much. My hospital only weigh you as you book in for your 1st appointment....they never do it again.

I put on 13 lbs in four weeks from weeks 20-24 and got the "what's going on" talk from my doctor. I had abandoned the scales and decided to eat when I was hungry and just be really careful about eating healthy food. Seems that plan backfired for me!
This month I haven't put on anything yet, but I have been keeping a food diary and counting calories for a couple of weeks and I think I was eating more than I realized before.
So, it can happen! 13 pounds in one month. And yeah, I was the same as you - where? Where is it? I don't feel like I put on 13 lbs.

Food diary sounds like a good idea actually...I'll try that, thanks! Lx

My doc told me that most women gain 9-10 pounds during the 20 week period. It is a major change in blood and fluid.

Don't worry as was said earlier midwifes are not interested anymore in weighing you. It can happen the other way round i am 31 weeks pregnant and have only put on 8 pounds in total, and i have just been told i am expecting a BIG baby. I don't think there is a right or wrong as everyone is so different. However i have found people (even strangers) feel they can can comment on your/babies size..... i have started to ignore all comments it can be quite upsetting. As long as you feel good and the baby is healthy don't worry. xx

I retain a lot of water,with my last pregnancy I put on 35 pounds and I am only little so I looked comical!
Each woman is different as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->