Weight gain

wannabmum

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am worried about weight gain, I am 14 weeks today & have gained 12lb :cry: I had allot of food aversions during first try & could only stomach carby food which sadly I usually try minimize as I have always gained very easy with carbs, I also had to be on modified bed rest due to subchorionic hemorrhage so being inactive hasnt helped (previously walked min 5 miles up to 10 per day)

Now dont get me wrong after 12 years so glad be in position of finally pregnant and not vanity I am worried about its health and health of my baby, I always put on weight with IVF meds and from coming back to cycling this year I have seen my weight climb 2 stone to this point now (was told not lose between cycles & although gained was still in healthy weight range although this last cycle my bmi had went up to 24.4 by cycle start but now 12lb ahead)

My question is do you think safe to just go straight back to resuming activities as I did before just mean walk say split into 3 x 2 mile walks per day, and eating better would be safe to try lose weight this way at this stage? Thanks in advance xx

Your doc will have to give you the green light to walk 2-3 miles a day. I was a healthy weight to start off. My nurse midwife told me to gain 25-35lbs. There are books that that gain 1-1.5 lbs a week in your second trimester. My NM said it really doesn't matter how you gain the weight, if you are eating healthy and staying active you will gain what you gain. Now that you are having less food aversions I would recommend picking up the healthy eating and cutting the carbs. Don't spend too much time worrying about the 12lbs you gained already because you can't change it, just focus on slow and steady weight gain for the remainder of your pregnancy. Plus your uterus is going to be growing each week causing the numbers on the scale to slowly creep up.

Honestly some women gain more early on, I've always been one of them. I've probably gained around 20 lbs and am 27.5 weeks, but a major chunk of that was first tri and just after. Also, those with a lower BMI often gain more during pg from what I've read.
My weight gain seems to have slowed a bit now I have upped my walking (only approx 3 miles of toddler pace walking a day max), and my diet is changing at the minute due to gestational diabetes.
With my second child, I gained around 35 pounds and nothing was ever said, but I had a Bmi of around 19 to start and he weighed 9lb 10.5oz.
Personally, I think up to 10 miles walking a day is too much, but that's up to your GP to say whether it's suitable for you/your baby. Also, monitoring your carbs is likely ok, but don't try to limit them too much during pg xxxxxx

Thank you ladies, my consultant cleared it that I no longer need to be on bedrest said that I can return to normal, but maybe start this week just one 2 mile walk a day and housework etc then as of next week up it to 2 2 mile walks but not go more than that, I was actually doing 12-15 miles a day up to october last year but my tsh went over 2 as a results so I cut back.

I will try not stress over whats gained so far and just work on healthier diet again now i can stomach more. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->