Weight gain

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Is anyone else stressing about weight gain? I'm 14 weeks ans gained 10 pounds already. It's not the overall number I'm concerned about, I started low at 110..... It's the speed at which its increasing. I've gained 4 pounds in 10 days. I'm so nervous this will continue. Some say weight fluxtuates, but I weigh every day and when I gain a pound it doesn't go back down. It just keeps going up.....

I gained 10 lbs in first trimester with my first LO, and 30 overall. I would be fine with that again...but this seems like it's happening so fast.

Looking for others experiencing the same! :hugs:

I started at 111 lbs and I've gained a stone at 19+2 try not to worry around the same time as you I gained 3 lbs a 1lb a day and it was hard for me but I promise it does slow down again . I'm above adverage weight gain by a couple of pounds and it's hard to accept some days but I'm hoping that by the end I'll only have gained about 30lbs but I always gain loads it's easy to loose after and although it sucks right now I know it will be easier when I have a proper bump . Stay strong it's not as bad as you think xxx

I gained 30-35 or so with my daughter but so far I have gained 14 lbs and I'm 25 weeks. Not sure if that's good or not but my Dr didn't seem to concerned. But this boy does like his ice cream and cookies lol. I wish I had the energy to exercise but I have been making it a point to walk more now that it's nice out. Hopefully once this kid pops out I will get back to my regular workouts.
Try not to worry about the weight you gain and make sure you keep up on your fruits and veggies. Also weighing yourself everyday doesn't help anything. Stick to letting your dr keep track and just enjoy pregnancy. It's only temporary and you can lose it after the baby if your not happy.

Weight definitely fluctuates according to my gyn. I had a steady gain and then one day I packed on 5 lbs and the next I lost 7. So I only weigh myself once a week now, but even then some weeks I gain others I lose. She says it's more about the overall change and making sure I'm eating healthy. Since my diet is super clean and I still fluctuate... I just ignore my weight.

The newfound double chin I could live without though

Did you eat much chocolate over Easter? The reason I ask is that I noticed my weight has gone up suddenly from eating a few too many Easter eggs! lol

Lol not really too many Easter eggs but I did consider that ;)

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I will come back to this post when I'm feeling frustrated I'm sure.

I'm not weighing myself at home and I don't look at the scale during midwife appointments! It's just not worth the stress. I got huge during my pregnancy with my son, but by 6 days post partum I was only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight.

I'm expecting the weight loss to be a little harder this time, but I'm trying to just trust my body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->