Weight gain :-(

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
I'm 13 weeks and have already gained 10 pounds!!!! I was overweight as it was and am feeling quite low about it :-( Ive always struggled with my weight and now I just wanna cry :-(

Everyone puts on the weight differently. Some might put it on more in first tri and then it calms down a little bit?

As long as you're eating quite healthily then that's all that matters.

I'm struggling with the thoughts of weight gain. I've been super bloated too the whole pregnancy minus a few random days so I feel a lot bigger too. I gained the most weight after week 32, and I'm trying my best to keep from eating any treats excessively. Cutting out takeaways and cooking more things from scratch. Generally more salads and keeping to sensible portions.

I heard smaller meals more often helps too, especially if you feel hungry all of the time like I do xxx

I had gained 10lb by 14 weeks but almost 3 weeks on I havnt gained any,this is my third baby and I always gain a lot in the first few weeks and then it eases of try not to stress.

Thx girls X I got really large with my last pregnancy (16 stone when I left hospital after birth) and managed to get down to 11 stone but I seem to be heading in the same direction again. I just turn into a junk food junkie when I'm pregnant

I gained about 45 with my last two pregnancies and so far with this one almost 20 lbs. I eat well enough and exercise regularly (hiit). Some women do tend to put on more in the beginning, whether it is water/blood or fat stores. Best I can say is try not to stress about it so much but eat small portions as often as you need to.

I was up 11 pounds at 12 weeks, scared to weigh myself now at almost 13. I had such relentless nausea and the only thing that helped were carbs, and I mean eating pretty much non-stop. It’s all gone to my thighs, which have always been my problem areas. I’ve started craving salads so I’m hoping the weight gain will taper off and I’ll have some energy to work out. The only thing is my aversions have come back with a vengeance in the last few days so it’s not looking good. I have a very small frame and I’m already so uncomfortable, feel like I can’t breathe. This is my first baby so I don’t even know how it’s going to be when I’m further along and baby actually does take up a lot of space in there :(

Im gaining so much all the sudden! Im so upset about it. But i feel so hungry. In the last 2 months i gained 20lbs. Im eating more than before but not that much. Its so frusterating as im overweight and i lost 40 lbs and now im gaining it all back!!!!

I am slowly starting to eat healthier now :) I think I was putting too much on myself and making it too daunting. Im just concentrating on cutting out the junk atm and maybe do a bit more walking , yea I might slip up sometimes but it's gotta be better than not trying at all :)

Can I gently ask about your eating habits prior to conceiving?

In my past three pregnancies, I had a very disordered eating pattern before pregnancy(ies). I'd skip a lot of meals, eat dinner, eat too many snacks late at night to compensate for not eating all day. Or I'd binge eat for a while, go back to eating sparingly, etc. All of that to say, it really messed with my metabolism.

Any time I'd get pregnant I would force myself to eat like a normal human being. I wouldn't even eat to excess, but the immediate shift in eating pattern did a number on my body because my body was so used to never knowing where or how the next meal would come. I packed on the weight in my previous pregnancies, but if you saw my meals you would wonder why I was the one putting on so much. Of course I'd indulge but never repeatedly.

With this pregnancy I had a much more stable eating pattern prior to falling pregnant and I've maintained the same schedule for the most part throughout the past few months, so my weight gain has been MUCH more subtle than the others have been.

I may be totally off base, but I figured it was worth mentioning because I know I'm not alone in having very off eating habits. :hugs:

To be honest I've struggled with my weight since before I can remember. Tried endless numbee of diets, problem is i'm a yo yo dieter. All or nothing. I'll be really good loose a bunch of weight but then i'll slip into old habits of eating too much. I've never been able to stay a healthy weight for more than a year, maybe that's screwed my matabolism a bit. Always used junk as a comfort and as a too frequent treat.

Im on the opposite end of the spectrum... Im almost 26 weeks and have only gained 5 pounds. I was considered obese before I got pregnant (weight 172 lbs at not even 5'3". Although most of my excess weight is in my boobs butt and thighs... Im verrrry toned just thick). I have had a very hard time eating and often find myself feeling guilty like im not being a good mom BC im not giving my baby what she needs. BUT this little girl is a fat girl and already weighing in at 2lbs 1oz as of Tuesday! ��
We are moms. AND we are women! We worry no matter WHAT we do. If you are worried about gaining too much, try simple pregnancy exercises, pregnancy yoga, walking with my headphones in is one of my favorite things to do...
Are you planning on breastfeeding? It can help aid greatly in weight loss post preggo status...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->