• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight gain

loved2830

Baby #2 almost half way baked!
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I got down within 6lbs of my pregnancy weight with DD at 151.

I work out 5x a week and at the time I found out I has just did an Inbody test and gained muscle weight, weighing 155.

I'm now 19wks and gained 12lbs total. I did a chart and says I'm gaining too much.

I was 200lbs when I had DD and dont want to do that again.

I've been depressed this pregnancy and eating habits have been poor and I haven't worked out in 2wks going on bc of hip pain and now this ear infection.

Is it safe to lose weight during pregnancy? I feel like a fat slob although I dont feel like Ive gained weight. I feel fine and my belly is smaller this time than with DD.

Anyone else concered about their weight gain?

Sending love
Sorry to hear you are struggling.
I'm struggling with no appetite at all. My midwife is not concerned. I've not weighed myself again yet.
I think if you can focus on nutrition you are eating rather than calories that will help. Also I didn't realise that until the third trimester you don't need any extra calories.
Could you try swimming? That could ease your pain?

Sending love
I'm struggling with no appetite at all. My midwife is not concerned. I've not weighed myself again yet.
I think if you can focus on nutrition you are eating rather than calories that will help. Also I didn't realise that until the third trimester you don't need any extra calories.

Sending love

Sending love

I don't think you want to lose weight during pregnancy, but going forward you can look at low impact activity and the quality of food you're eating to keep future weight gain under control

Agree with Belle
It's not advisable to lose weight. Maintaining what you have gained and focusing on quality nutrition and exercise moving forward would be best.

Well done losing the weight after your last pregnancy, can imagine what hard work it was and why you're hesitant.

I talked to my doctor and researched a lot. It is safe to exercise in pregnancy and eat healthy. You calorie goal should be 300 extra calories for baby each day during the first and second trimester. So whatever your calorie intake to maintain your pre-pregnancy weight was without gaining or loosing (use a google calorie calculator) then add that 300 extra. During the 3rd trimester you need 500 extra calories but if those are lean and healthy fats you should continue on track with weight! I wanted to loose weight before I gain weight but she told me not focus on loosing just focus on eating healthy, getting my 2100 calories, and mild exercise. If I loose then its fine because I'm still providing baby with everything he needs! I'm down 4lbs but I have still been eating pretty crappy, I'm cleaning up my eating though so I'll probably loose a few more pounds before baby starts gaining more rapidly!

I talked to my doctor and researched a lot. It is safe to exercise in pregnancy and eat healthy. You calorie goal should be 300 extra calories for baby each day during the first and second trimester. So whatever your calorie intake to maintain your pre-pregnancy weight was without gaining or loosing (use a google calorie calculator) then add that 300 extra. During the 3rd trimester you need 500 extra calories but if those are lean and healthy fats you should continue on track with weight! I wanted to loose weight before I gain weight but she told me not focus on loosing just focus on eating healthy, getting my 2100 calories, and mild exercise. If I loose then its fine because I'm still providing baby with everything he needs! I'm down 4lbs but I have still been eating pretty crappy, I'm cleaning up my eating though so I'll probably loose a few more pounds before baby starts gaining more rapidly!

So my body needs about 1500 cals to maintain body weight but was cutting it to 1200 to lean out so I guess I could go with what I know my body needs and see how that goes.

I'm not a real man of calorie counting but instead macros but will do better as I am not as sad anymore....gonna find out sex on Wed so that should motivate me!

Back to 5x a week on Monday in the gym as weekend is usually my rest days.

Thanks for the positivity ladies!

Where are you from? I'm in the UK and here they recommend an extra 200 calories but only in the last trimester. But then they also recommend 2000 calories a day for women so
And I often struggle to reach that x

I personally have lost 18lbs thos pregnancy so far and I am just under 26 weeks along... I have been SO sick and my appetite is non existent. My doctor wants me to slowly start gaining but SLOWLY because I am a little bit overweight to begin with...

I live in the USA! You won't want to base it off your calorie cutting number. 1200 is too low. But you could do 1500+300 so 1800 for first two trimesters and then 2000 last trimester. Even if your not loosing you wont be gaining extra just the babies weight so very small amounts until 3rd trimester. I have been using a calorie counting app. I have it set at 1950 calories because I know it doesn't log things perfectly so that way I'm getting about 2000 calories a day. My bmi is a 26. Yesterday I logged 1800 and today 1600. I felt full both days. You can go off how you feel some days you may need more just make sure there healthy calories. It's helped me to be aware of what I'm eating. I was eating tons of crap and had no idea how high the calories were. If you feel hungry you need to eat regardless of calories just choose something healthy. I'm not expert. I've just researched a lot because it's hard to find much on pregnancy and weightless. My doctor backed up what I have read. She told me no less than 2000 calories so as much as I'd like it to be 1800 I'm trusting her unless I'm full then I'm not pushing it!

I live in the USA! You won't want to base it off your calorie cutting number. 1200 is too low. But you could do 1500+300 so 1800 for first two trimesters and then 2000 last trimester. Even if your not loosing you wont be gaining extra just the babies weight so very small amounts until 3rd trimester. I have been using a calorie counting app. I have it set at 1950 calories because I know it doesn't log things perfectly so that way I'm getting about 2000 calories a day. My bmi is a 26. Yesterday I logged 1800 and today 1600. I felt full both days. You can go off how you feel some days you may need more just make sure there healthy calories. It's helped me to be aware of what I'm eating. I was eating tons of crap and had no idea how high the calories were. If you feel hungry you need to eat regardless of calories just choose something healthy. I'm not expert. I've just researched a lot because it's hard to find much on pregnancy and weightless. My doctor backed up what I have read. She told me no less than 2000 calories so as much as I'd like it to be 1800 I'm trusting her unless I'm full then I'm not pushing it!

As someone who works out heavily and watches macro intake I can honestly say I HATE COUNTING CALORIES. Its exhausting and annoying. I've gotten to the point where I know what 4oz of meat looks like and a serving size of veggies. Uhhhhh it's so annoying. I'm went back to the meal plans I was on as its easier for me to cook and prep and not have to worry about calorie counting.

I used 1200 bc that's what I was using to cut weight and if I add 300 it's back to 1500. *sigh* I honestly wish I didn't have to do this bc I was so use to eating small and focus on gaining muscle and losing fat! Now I just feel defeated being pregnant and gaining weight. I will get there! Thank you for sharing and helping! It is helpful and reassuring.

I hear you loved. I was also really into weight lifting and macro counting. I lost a lot of fat and gained a lot of muscle before I got pregnant, only to see it largely disappear. I think with pregnancy you just sort of have to give yourself over to the process. Eat well and exercise, but now's not the time to optimize your body composition. There are other priorities right now. Afterwards you and I will both be able to get back into it again :)

Counting calories sucks. I just wing it like I don't weigh or check packaging often I just use the app and go off it because its close enough at least for being pregnant, not pregnant that's different! I only do it to help keep well grounded otherwise I eat stuff thinking oh its not to much then realize it was like 700 calories for a small amount of food! I just had an appointment and only gained 3 oz in a month so that has me excited. I just dont want to gain any weight until later in second trimester and hopefully just baby/fluid weight! I wish I had lost like 10lbs before getting pregnant so I wouldn't be so stressed over it! How have you been doing this week? Maybe we should start a pregnancy group for us mama's trying to eat healthy stay fit/ fit-ish while pregnant and motivate/support each other. It seems to be a topic not many talk about but probably worry about!

I hear you loved. I was also really into weight lifting and macro counting. I lost a lot of fat and gained a lot of muscle before I got pregnant, only to see it largely disappear. I think with pregnancy you just sort of have to give yourself over to the process. Eat well and exercise, but now's not the time to optimize your body composition. There are other priorities right now. Afterwards you and I will both be able to get back into it again :)

You are so right! Give yourself over to the process!!! As much as I enjoyed being pregnant the first time I totally look forward to regaining the body composition I was at and achieving a better one. Thanks your post inspired me!

Counting calories sucks. I just wing it like I don't weigh or check packaging often I just use the app and go off it because its close enough at least for being pregnant, not pregnant that's different! I only do it to help keep well grounded otherwise I eat stuff thinking oh its not to much then realize it was like 700 calories for a small amount of food! I just had an appointment and only gained 3 oz in a month so that has me excited. I just dont want to gain any weight until later in second trimester and hopefully just baby/fluid weight! I wish I had lost like 10lbs before getting pregnant so I wouldn't be so stressed over it! How have you been doing this week? Maybe we should start a pregnancy group for us mama's trying to eat healthy stay fit/ fit-ish while pregnant and motivate/support each other. It seems to be a topic not many talk about but probably worry about!

A pregnancy group sounds like a good idea. Lucky you only gaining 3oz! My weight has always fluctuated very easily especially after DD too. Gonna do another strength challenge for 6 week and just take things 6wks at a time to motivate myself and stay active.

Update..

I've gained 12lbs and I'm now 20weeks

My doc said its fine and from what I've read I should of gained at least 10 by now.

Not gonna be concerned about it anymore and just gonna continue to workout.

Gonna do another 6wk challenge starting Monday and that will sure motivate me!

I’ve lost 9lbs so far but my midwife isn’t concerned as I am a bit over weight anyway. She said if my scans are ok and baby is growing then there’s nothing to worry about...

I'm 26 weeks currently and I had lost 15lbs in my first trimester and I have so far gained back 7 of those lost 15.

With my first pregnancy I gained 80lbs! I definitely did not take care of myself, and I've been VERY careful to not see that happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->