Weight gain :(

BigZai

Reaction score
I was average before pregnancy a lil overweight but average.
But in my 33 weeks of being pregnant I shot up about 40lbs, I am really trying to watch what I eat now but I AM HUNGRY all the time and junk food is more filling than veggies and other healthy food BUT
I don't want a ginormous baby so i am going to do my best.

Anyone else gain around 40 or more? If you had your baby were they big?

i am a lil over 39 weeks n gained a little over 40 lbs :wacko: my doc didnt say it was bad oranything , i second that! lol

but not too worried about it... i gave up worrying about my weight just as i am about to giveup on my stretch marks ! lol

I was 110lbs pre prego

well i was 175 pre-pregnancy, I already had a bigger build so i did expect to be bigger then some other expecting mothers, my one doctor (i have several i go to a practice) said that i should just try to avoid gaining to much more because i can still get gestational diabetes

As for stretchmarks UGH I HATE THEM! but it comes with the pregnancy so i just try to except they are there and will get smaller and fade once hes born

I gained 40 pounds with number one- 6lbs, 9 ounces
I gained about 45 with number two- 7 lbs, 2ozs.

They are predicting another little baby this time and I am right at 45 pounds gained!

And after each I lost all the weight (plus a little more) by 4-5 months pp.

I gained 40 pounds with number one- 6lbs, 9 ounces
I gained about 45 with number two- 7 lbs, 2ozs.

They are predicting another little baby this time and I am right at 45 pounds gained!

And after each I lost all the weight (plus a little more) by 4-5 months pp.

Oh my i thought if you gained like that the baby would automatically be 9+lbs its good to hear my lil boy might not have to wear 3 month old clothes at birth :happydance:

I`m only 27 weeks and have gained just about 40lbs. Getting tested this friday for Gestational Diabetes. Yesterday my doctor measured my tummy and said I`m right on time with And I feel you on feeling that junk is more fulfilling than anything else but I`m trying to cut down on a lot of it especially take out such as Mcdonalds. I find that apple sauce gets me full for a good while so I will use that as my late night snack instead of cookies :)

I`m only 27 weeks and have gained just about 40lbs. Getting tested this friday for Gestational Diabetes. Yesterday my doctor measured my tummy and said I`m right on time with And I feel you on feeling that junk is more fulfilling than anything else but I`m trying to cut down on a lot of it especially take out such as Mcdonalds. I find that apple sauce gets me full for a good while so I will use that as my late night snack instead of cookies :)

Good luck on the test, the stuff tastes gross, they say my tummy measures fine too.

Cheese is filling to me which is good for calcium but high in fat but i guess its better then chips cookies or any other junk food so ive been snacking on cheese cubes.

Why does no one tell you that when your pregnant you constantly are hungry?:wacko:

Good luck on the test, the stuff tastes gross, they say my tummy measures fine too.

Cheese is filling to me which is good for calcium but high in fat but i guess its better then chips cookies or any other junk food so ive been snacking on cheese cubes.

Why does no one tell you that when your pregnant you constantly are hungry?:wacko:

I totally forgot about cheese cubes & i love cheese ! another item to add to my better choice snack list , lol .

& i know ! i`m constantly hungry and sometime what i just ate won`t satisfy me . I learned to drink water with whatever i`m eating to make me feel full .

WATER! I am so silly, I forgot that water helps fill you and it is GOOD for you guess ill be carrying around water all the time now lol

With my first, I started out at 130lbs, ended up at 185, so a 55lb weight gain and he was 7lbs5oz. With my second I started out at 135, ended up at 185 again, so another 50lb gain and she was 7lbs7oz. With this one (8 years after my last and a little older), I started out at 154lbs and am just now 170lbs at 31 weeks, so only 16 lbs so far. I'm hoping I don't get past 180, but we'll see! This baby has been measuring big the whole time.

Just wait, if you plan on breastfeeding, it gets worse. I am much more hungry now than I ever was while pregnant.:dohh:

WATER! I am so silly, I forgot that water helps fill you and it is GOOD for you guess ill be carrying around water all the time now lol

Yes, water is most definitely a must! I found out I wasn`t getting enough water and need to drink 8-10 glasses a day. So I`m including it with every meal I eat :)

Just wait, if you plan on breastfeeding, it gets worse. I am much more hungry now than I ever was while pregnant.:dohh:

Oh thats disappointing because i am planing on breastfeeding *sigh*
but i believe in breastfeeding so i guess ill just have to deal with constant hunger a little longer :cry:

I plan to breastfeed also. All the joys of sacrificing a lot for LO :)

Oh yes! The joy of parenting outweighs the all the sacrificing .

I am almost 29 weeks and have gained 27 pounds... I am over the 200lb mark now since I was overweight pre-pregnancy.

My MW is out on vacation so I am seeing an OBGYN and he told me to not worry a lot, to just make sure I didn't go over 40lbs by the time the baby was due. This last visit I only gained 2 pounds! I had been on a stead 4-5lb weight gain. It's tough to tell a growling tummy "NO MORE FOOD" when there's a baby in there. :baby:

I am actively trying to make better food choices, but it's usually hard when the sweet tooth hits and an apple won't hit the spot :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->