Weight loss advice desperately needed for a stay at home momma!!

lokatyve

Reaction score
I am getting married to a wonderful man November 10th next year. I am currently breastfeeding my 4 month old and have a total of 63 pounds to lose some to be within my goal weoght range. I lost the initial baby and water weight which came to 20 pounds and I then just hit a brick wall in weigh loss. No matter how healthy I eat or unhealthy for that matter my weight just wont budge. I cant lose weight but on the bright side I can pig out and not gain anything. Im not sure what to do and when I ask other mommas all I am told is how wierd it is its not just melting off because I breastfeed. I have decided to once again adopt a meat free diet in hopes of some progress... any progress! But with money being tight and having to constantly be around for feedings i cant join a gym or purchase exercise equipment. Any reccomendations? Any advice would be great!

I didn't gain much with my pregnancy. My LO was born in March so now she's 3 1/2 months. I've lost all the pregnancy weight. I eat only lean ground beef, chicken, and pork as far as meat goes. I'm not big on pasta and I drink a lot of water. As for exercise I throw LO in her stroller and take a half hour walk at least three times a week. I formula feed so I've been able to cut back on calories - I know that doesn't really help with bf'ing. Look on Pinterest, there are so many ideas on that thing. I also think a cold class of water or a room temp glass of water with half a lemon worth of juice first thing in the morning is a good way to set the day for healthier choices. Good luck!

First of congratulations! On your engagement, your baby and for breastfeeding! It really is difficult to lose weight when breastfeeding as your body naturally wants to maintain supply :hugs:
How are your cooking skills? Can you change from frying to grilling or roasting, cut out sweets and possibly even bread and pasta? Meat isn't the worst thing so personally, I don't think that would be a priority to cut out. Maybe just cut down on the size and avoid fatty pieces/processed meats.
You know, in France they don't eat like we do: meat, starch plus veg. They are quite happy to eat chicken with just peas or green beans on the side. They just have a knack for making their vegetables taste delicious. Maybe, if you google healthy but yummy vegetable dishes you can cut down on starchy food like potatoes, rice and pasta?
Since you have so much weight to lose it really is a big commitment and will take a while to change your cooking habits but it is possible and maybe the breastfeeding 'advantage' will kick in for you. Don't lose heart!
I'm not the best dieter in the world but the couple of times I went for it I made sure I wouldn't go hungry so I planned in lots of snacks. Even a few naughty ones, but low in calories (chocolate wafer biscuits :blush:). Try to drink mainly water if you don't already. Sodas and shop bought coffees have ridiculous levels of calories!

Maybe you could start a journal to keep you motivated and ask people to suggest recipes?
My favourite low cal meals are stir fry (here in the UK you can buy the bag of veggies ready chopped, same with the meat and sauce plus noodles - it takes just minutes to cook!) and vegetable soup (any vegetables plus onion or leek, add potato if you like it thick - chop veggies, add to pot along with a stock cube, cover with water and boil until cooked; then blend - surprisingly delicious!).

Sorry, I've really gone on about it now... I wish you all the best and a wonderful wedding next year!

I know how hard it is to loose weight when bf but actually I think if you make some sensible choices it is possible. Im finding that the anwser to wanting to constantly eat is to eat soup! they are pretty low in calories and full of veg (pick the right ones avoiding cream) have plenty of fruit at hand to snack on and maybe some popcorn or the special k popper crisps.

Hi!
I'm currently trying to loose my extra baby weight for my wedding next year. I am doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD. It's 20mins of exercise a day! I can generally fit it in while my LO is having her nap.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"