Weight loss after implant/pill?

alex_85

Reaction score
Did anybody lose a significant amount of weight after coming off contraception? I had the implant for about two and a half years, then when I had it removed I went on the pill for three months, but I stopped taking it when I had a pregnancy scare and didn't start again cos I felt much better. So I haven't taken any hormonal contraceptives for nearly a year.

At the time I stopped taking it, I weighed about 9.5 stone. About 5 or 6 months ago I noticed I was starting to lose weight, and at this stage I've lost about a stone. I am not exercising any more than I used to, and I'm eating pretty much the same. In other words, I'm not making an effort to lose weight, but its happening anyway. I haven't lost any more weight over the last month or so, but I don't know if that is because we have been eating a ridiculous amount of sweets and chocolate in work, so I've been picking at stuff all day, as well as eating my normal meals.

Has anyone else lost a bit of weight after coming off contraception? My clothes don't fit me properly anymore, they are getting too lose, and friends and family have commented that I don't need to lose any more weight. If I was dieting, I'd be delighted, but its worrying me a bit that its unintentional weight loss. I've been having trouble with my stomach for the last week so I am going to the doctors in the next few days, and will tell him about this, but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

i lost about 5 pounds of the 40 it made me gain (in a month i might add :growlmad: ) i am still carrying most of it. just joined weight watchers to get it off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->