Weight Loss... Duramine Vs Xenical??

Squarepants

Reaction score
Hi guys

i would like to help myself jump start my weight loss. asa i have PCOS and i do not want to resort to Metformin just yet i have been wondering if anyone has taken duramine or xenical to help them loose weight.

I know duramine needs a prescription and xenical you can buy over the counter. My friend went on duramine just before her wedding and said that she had really bad side affects. Were as xenical she said she felt a lot better on.

Her dad also wen on xenical and lost 19 kilos in 6 months. He cut out soft drink but that was really all he did to change his diet.....

If anyone has tried it and can give advice it would be appreciated as i really want to kick start my weight loss, i have already had a huge diet change.... and am going to the gym....

I'm on Xenical. Seemed to work for a while, but weight loss has slowed right down. Like with any diet, you still have to work hard at it. I'm going to start weight watchers next week to help me learn how to eat better. It's not a miracle drug and the side effects if you cheat are horrible!

I got Xenical on prescription, but i'm not sure what the rules are in other countries.

Ah k thanks here on Australia u can just buy it over the counter. But need a prescription for duramine. I think I will give them ago. Thanks for the info. If u dnt mind me asking how much did u loose?

:blush: ive never heard of either :blush: :haha: i guess anything is worth a shot, as said above dieting needs work, exercise and healthy diet is the best way but if they help boost the weight loss, why not?? ive been thinking about looking into something that will help shift my excess tyre :haha:

My doc told me that I could try Xenical if I wanted but described the effects and I thought I would leave it better as I didn't feel like having green diarrhoea if you eat some fat :haha:

duramine is a derivative of amphetamine ie speed!!! I would not put that any where near my body especially when thinking about TTC!! the side effects can be dangerous including heart problems.

Xenical does cause horrible diarrhoea and some times 'leakage' and incontinence if you cheat and eat fat :nope:

I don't envy your decision!!
good luck
xxx

Thanks guys.

I think i might just stick with good old lots and lots of exercise and see how i go.

Even tho i would like to get the weight off super dooper quick they both sound like the side affects might not be quite worth it.

Thanks for the input :)

we are discussing about losing weight for TTC in WTT for baby number 1 topic too if u want support :D x

Thanks guys.

I think i might just stick with good old lots and lots of exercise and see how i go.

Even tho i would like to get the weight off super dooper quick they both sound like the side affects might not be quite worth it.

Thanks for the input :)

I think this is the best decision. Avoid using things like that, as they not only mess with your body/metabolism, your body may also not adjust as well in terms of AF, etc. (and you don't want that, especially if you're going to be TTC in a while). Often quick weight loss is only short term, as it's not a lifestyle change. Try to track calories (actually record them or write them down), and drink lots of water. Slow and steady wins the race! What are your eating habits/exercise routines like now? Maybe we can help in that aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->