Weight loss during 2nd tri

Angharad87

Expecting no.1
Reaction score
Had mh quad test today... I've lost 3 and a bit kilos since my last weighing with them. But that was only 4 weeks ago at my 12w scan. Is continued weight loss in the second trimester a bad thing?

Slightly worried eventhough no-one there said anything.

I've lost about 15ish pounds during this pregnancy due to my hyperemesis. I lost about 7 of that this trimester. My doctor's don't seem too concerned. They said that I would gain all of that back when I'm around 20 weeks or so :).

I haven't had any weight loss but I also haven't gained any since my last appt also 4 weeks ago. I dunno when were supposed to see a gain but my doc said I was fine as long as I dont start losing any now. at least I feel better about how much I've been eating. I thought I was overdoing and got really self conscious. But now I feel like I can eat more and still be fine. Thank goodness cuz I've been hungrier than ever in my life!

Thanks both for the replies. :)

If I had hyperemesis I'd feel better cos at least I'd know why. But all i get is nausea, aversions and cravings for fruit/veg/curry. Fact of the matter is I'm eating at least three meals a day (that I wasn't pre-pg, normally only 1) and last week alone I had over half a cheesecake, three bars of chocolate and some trifle. And crisps. Those settle my nausea in the morning.

Just so confused.

I'm feeling better about having indulged in junk food and that on occasion now that i know I'm not ballooning due to weight gain. Must all be bump. How many weeks are you ATM justplainTIFF?

I'm 16 weeks today. I could have sworn just based on bump that I gained about 5 pounds. Nope. So I goes it's time to stuff my face. :)

About the same as me then that's a relief. I'm going to try stuffing mine some too. Carefully of course. I wouldn't mind staying the same weight but the loss is worrying. Might phone midwife tomorrow. Til then I have this bag if doritos I've been neglecting cos I thought my trousers not fitting was all chub and no bub. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->