weight loss myth?

kateqpr

Reaction score
Is it just me who seems to be one of those unlucky women who won't lose their baby weight until they stop breastfeeding??

I was 9 7lb before Poppy, then put on 2 and a half stone, up to 12 st.

I'm still around the 11 st 3 lb mark (depending on whether i weight myself before or after a big feed - i swear my new E cups, gone up from a B, are giving me a few more pounds!) and is doesn't really seem to be shifting. I've been eating healthily, starting to walk a lot more etc, but nada.

A doc told me that some women don't lose weight until AFTER they stop breastfeeding. Seems cruel. Pah!

If you're boobs are big - that's bound to make you weigh more!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. At 3 weeks after having Grady, I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight. Mind you, that was over weight to start!

I'm unlucky too I guess. I was 7st before having Aaron, went up to just under 9st and have been hovering around the 8st mark ever since. It's going to take some serious exercise to shift the rest of that baby flab! :hissy: I'm still breastfeeding him but only once a day, so I don't think it'll even drop off when I stop completely.

I'm unlucky too. Haven't lost a pound of baby weight, and I was told the same thing, that when I stop BFing I'll lose the weight.

I was also wondering if it was an age thing??? I'm an older first time mum (36!!) so know my body is just getting slow and lazy when it comes to pinging back into shape.

Oh dear. Think i'm going to have to join my local Buggy Fit class and accept hard exercise might be the only way. Especially as i want to breast feed for a good few more months.

I stood on the scales and got my hubby to hold my knockers up to see how much I weighed without them.....they weigh 8lbs :smug:

I stood on the scales and got my hubby to hold my knockers up to see how much I weighed without them.....they weigh 8lbs :smug:

Good idea!!! Now that might make me feel a bit better (though my wobbly middle is hard to ignore :( )

I've just been checking if this fat busting pill that's coming off prescription from tomorrow is ok to take when BFing.....I'm getting desperate!!!! :dohh: :rofl:

Hey girls!
I was just researching what I can do to help with my weight during BF'ing, and I posted something in the Health and Wellness section!
Might give you some insight! :)

I've just been checking if this fat busting pill that's coming off prescription from tomorrow is ok to take when BFing.....I'm getting desperate!!!! :dohh: :rofl:

What pill is it? I'm desperate too!!!

Me too! I have lost 16 lbs but I have 10 more to go to get to my pre-preg weight...which was overweight to start with...but those last 10 lbs are NOT moving. :hissy:

I really want to lose those 10 lbs plus another 20 to get back to my weight I was when we got married! I am in my 30s though so I am sure that is a pipe dream...:cry:

I lost 23 pounds the first 2 week, now nothing is shifting... though I am eating loads and not trying to diet.... I am sure the weight will come off steadily hun which is better :hugs:

Do you think that eating galaxy for breakfast is causing me to retain the weight? :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

:lol: Mervs Mum I need to weigh my boobs and do that trick! :D

I was 8st pre pregnancy, over 11 before i gave birth ( i gave up weighing myself in disgust after i reached 11st) and have been 9st for 8 weeks now-i'm completely stuck. Unfortunately i'm not well endowed in the boob dept despite the breast feeding so i can't even try that trick.
And note to mervs mum and beltane, the drug that helps you lose weight also causes anal leakage which is as disgusting as it sounds (it helps fat pass through your system unprocessed so it kind of leaks out...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->