Weight loss...

Babylady

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I don't get as much time to come on here as I used to so sorry if this topic has been done to death already but I'm getting quite fed up :cry:

My daughter is 13 weeks old on Wednesday and I've been EBF since she was born. She's gaining weight well and I have fed her with no issues.

I gained a fair bit of weight during pregnancy and was assured by everyone that the fat would just melt away whilst I was breastfeeding. Well, my weight has stayed the same for the last SIX WEEKS :nope:

Originally I thought that I was not eating enough and that my body was hanging onto the fat for dear life (as I was told could happen if body thinks it's being starved) so I upped my calorie intake but that made no difference. So today I've started Slimming World (am following a tailor made plan to meet my BF needs).

But this is really starting to get me down which makes me feel so shallow :cry: I used to be so into fitness and really took care of myself before I got pregnant. I worked really hard to get a body I was happy with and now I just feel so unattractive and none of my clothes fit me. My self-esteem is at an all-time low. While I love feeding my baby, I'm now deliberating stopping at 6 months so that I can properly diet and start to feel good about myself again.

Please don't think badly of me if this sounds vain but I've struggled with depression in the past and a postive self-image is really important to me.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Also, has anyone done Slimming World whilst BF and was it successful?

I hear you :cry:

I dont know anything about slimming world but hoping so much to get motivation started!! I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and was not eat any sweet stuff during my pregnancy and I gained only about 5kgs! about 10lbs but once the baby was here I lost about 3kgs and till now i have regained 5kgs!!! I was overweight of 15kgs pre pregnancy so I was trying to lose weight with the help of breastfeeding....but NO HELP AT ALL :cry::cry:

Baby is growing fine but am so trying to go for walks and something comes up and I dont do it..gosh am so fed up. I admit I am craving for sweet stuff :dohh:

Hope someone sheds some tips to help lose some weight....:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->