weight loss

Sugden88

Reaction score
Question.... Iv lost 4.5lbs on the past like 10/11 days is this ok I'm only 6weeks. I think because iv cut out chocolate & juice since finding out and I don't overly feel hungry but now I'm worried it's not good for the baby x

Before I knew I was pregnant I lost 20 pounds because I was trying to watch what I was eating and I had just started a new job which was way more physical than my old one. After I found out, which was around 6 weeks because I wasn't really paying much attention, I asked the doctor about it and they said as long as I'm eating healthy and not on a diet or doing anything drastic, it'll even out. And I've gained a pound. So I think you should be okay, but if you are really worried about it, you can call the doctor for some advice.

Okay thanks, I'm going to try and eat more and see how I get on the next few weeks. Roll on second trimester so I don't panic over every little thing xx -

Since the beginning of this pregnancy I've lost close to 30 lbs. At my last OB check up, which was yesterday, I'd only "gained" a pound in the last 4 weeks which means I'm technically losing fat weight and gaining baby/amniotic fluid/placenta weight. Weight loss during pregnancy can be normal for some. Your OB or MW will let you know if they're concerned. Try to focus on eating more protein in your diet as that is the building blocks of building healthy muscle etc.

I don't know if it's normal, but I've lost 8.5 pounds in the last couple weeks. Morning sickness, food aversion, etc. In one of my books it said not to worry about it until the second trimester.

I lost nine pounds in first tri just due to eating healthier, and also not being able to eat when I was nauseous. I maintained that pretty much most of second, and didn't start to gain until the end of second. So far I've gained 14 pounds from my lowest point.

My doctor constantly told me to not worry until third tri.

Thanks ladies that has made me feel better and I can always bring it up with my midwife too if I'm worried! Thanks again xx

I lost two stone at the beginning my 1st pregnancy because of severe sickness. I don't think its ideal but my little girl was born a healthy 9lbs 5oz so didn't seem to suffer. I did end up slightly anaemic which might have been to do with lack of food but it was soon back to normal once I took iron supplements and could eat properly again. If you are not underweight to start with and only cutting out empty calories then I think its only going to be good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->