Weight loss

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this?

I personally don't feel I have but 2 people at work have commented I am quite slim now (never normally, I am a bit plump and curvy lol). I had a comment today that my face looks drawn in, this made me feel as if I am looking unwell!

I am eating quite well so don't understand it, apart from I have given up my regular tipples at the weekend.

Is it normal to lose it to the point people notice? She said my bump looks good and can tell that's growing but the rest of me has gone tiny which isn't like me!

Just wondering if it is stress, I have been moving house and having ex worries and knackered from work.

I had a terrible first trimester with sickness. And even now at 15 weeks, I am still being sick and feeling nauseous with smells etc. I have definitely lost weight around my face and collar bones and shoulders and also notice with the legs on my jeans are all baggy. My bump is growing away nicely but I'm guessing due to the sickness, I have lost the weight else where.
Quite enjoying the healthy look, however it won't be long til I'm all swollen at the end lol xx

I started this pregnancy with HG and lost a couple of.stone. In my case it was obvious why because I could hardly eat for weeks and was throwing up constantly. It hasn't done any harm though and baby is well. Maybe in your case its just that you have made small changes that have added up without you realising and baby is using some of the calories you are eating. Cutting back on alcohol cuts out a lot of calories and even if it wasn't dramatic you might have eaten a bit less because of morning sickness.

I have been sick most of my pregnancy and I've lost 24 pounds. Mostly from my face and tummy. My intake nurse referred me to high risk to which my doctor laughed because I am plus size (i.e. Overweight) and have the weight to spare. So unless you're like super fit, all muscle, and no extra weight losing some shouldn't be a big deal! As always though check with your doctor.

I am 16 weeks today and have lost about 2-3lbs on an already fairly thin frame (5'2, 97lbs currently). I am still not showing. My first trimester was pretty bad with extreme exhaustion, food aversion, nausea. I have also been very anxious/worrisome/depressed this entire pregnancy which I think is burning calories as well. I still don't have much of an appetite but nausea is not there anymore and I have more energy so hoping to get back on track.

Things were pretty similar my first pregnancy - I lost a little/didnt gain until almost the 5th month, then in the 3rd trimester I was so hungry and pigged out.

I was overweight pre pregnancy and have lost 10 lbs since my first appointment at 8 weeks (I don't weigh myself unless I have to :haha: ) I can tell I look thinner especially in my face. I'm eating normally and not unusually sick so it doesn't worry me or my doctor

I'm a BIG girl, and right before my BFP I was at my heaviest I have ever been. I'm 15 weeks now, and have lost 37 lbs during my pregnancy. The doctor was very concerned with me losing that much. I told her the my appetite was very minimum because I had sever nausea, the vomiting came later, and girl was the vomiting violent on me (strained my neck constantly and kept pulling my ribs which kept hurting) anyway, the doctor said as long as the baby is looking good and the heart sounds good I shouldn't worry. She ask assured me that I will get my appetite back and will put on the weight soon.

First tri I lost weight and my friends kept asking if I lost weight because I was looking slimmer (they don't know about the pregnancy yet!) I was getting quite worried about it but went for my scan on Friday and bubba doing well, even measures bigger than we though so they have dated baby 4 days ahead. I'm still not really gaining any thing but knowing baby is okay put my mind at rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->