Weight Watchers Recipe,s

Jkelmum

Reaction score
Here I will add any recipes I find that are pointed for the weight watchers diet ...feel free to add your own
Even if you arnt using weight watchers these recipes are all low fat so feel free to try them​

Beef Stew

5 Points Per Serving

2 teaspoons olive oil

1 pound chuck steak, cut into 1 inch pieces

1 onion, chopped

3/4 cups celery, chopped

3/4 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice

6 carrots, sliced

10 whole mushrooms, sliced

1 pound canned peeled tomatoes, chopped

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons beef stock

1 garlic cloves, minced

3/4 teaspoon rosemary

10 ounces green beans

1 tablespoon flour

2 tablespoons cold water

Directions: Heat oil in a nonstick skillet at medium-high heat and saute meat for 3-4 minutes. Set aside. Combine next 5 ingredients in same skillet and saute for 5 minutes. Add meat and next 5 ingredients to skillet and bring to a boil. Combine flour and water in a container with a lid and shake to mix well. Wisk into stew and simmer about 10 minutes or until stew has thickened.

Makes: 8 servings

Serving Size: 1 cup

Shepherd's Pie

4 Points Per Serving

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

3/4 cup onions -- chopped

3 cloves garlic -- well chopped

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 1/3 cups vegetarian bouillon

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

salt and pepper to taste

2 cups lentils -- cooked

1 package frozen mixed vegetables or fresh if you have the time

3 medium potatoes

1/4 cup skim milk

1 tablespoon butter

Directions
To make the potatoes, cube about 3 medium potatoes and place in a steamer. Steam until the potatoes are soft enough to allow a fork to push through. Remove from the steamer and place in a saucepan. Add 1/4 cup warm milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Mash. Put over a very low heat to keep warm. In a saucepan, heat the oil. Fry the onions and garlic until softened. Stir in the flour until it is absorbed. Add the broth and the spices and cook, stirring, until the mixture begins to boil. Stir in the lentils and the vegetables. Lower heat and allow to cook for about 10 more minutes. In a 9-by-5 nonstick bread loaf pan, place the broth mixture. On top of this, spoon the potatoes until the top is covered. Bake until the top is brown--about 40 minutes.

Makes 6 servings

Chocolate Chip Clouds
1 point per cookie

Servings: 30

9 tbsp egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Cocoa
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Directions
Heat oven to 300°F. Cover cookie sheet with silpat or nonstick silicone pad.

Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is glossy.

Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes 30 cookies.

Bake 35 to 45 minutes or just until dry. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature

I really like this recipe https://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=50638

POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Mixing the ricotta with nonfat cottage cheese gives the filling more body and flavor while reducing the fat content.

Ingredients
1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup(s) fat-free cottage cheese
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp garlic powder, or to taste
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
1 pound(s) cooked pasta, jumbo shells, approximately 24 shells
Instructions

* Preheat oven to 375°F.

* Mix together cheeses, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.

* Spread a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce on bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.

* When cooked shells are cool enough to handle, fill each shell with cheese mixture and place in baking dish. When all shells are in dish, spoon remaining tomato sauce over shells. Cover pan and bake for 20 minutes. Yields about 4 shells per serving.

one thing to watch though is I think the US/Canada and UK points systems are different :wacko:

Butternut squash & red pepper soup!
Points= 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 small butternut squash
1 red pepper
1 onion
2 pints of hot veg stock (although i found this much made the soup a bit runny, if you prefer it a bit thicker don't use as much stock!)

Cut the squash, pepper and onion up and put in a pan, add the stock and simmer for 25 mins until the squash is soft
Blend and add a little black pepper to serve! Simple and yummy!!

Oh thanks for starting this thread Serina I have been looking at joining weight watchers when bubs arrives. xx

Makes 4 servings
2 POINTS® per 1 cup serving (Canada/US points system)

There’s not much work here—other than making the wrap for lunch before you’re out the door for work in the morning. This filling also makes a great topper for nachos on game day.

Ingredients

8 ounces cooked deli turkey meat, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
1 tsp ground cumin

Instructions
Stir all the ingredients in a large bowl.

* I made these today, they're delish! Serving is pretty generous as well. Pair with a WW or Bodywise wrap (1 point per wrap) and you've got a very filling and yummy lunch or dinner. Nice for in the summer when its muggy and you don't want to cook. :thumbup:

I might make one of these recipes for OH tomorow night. They all look so yummy!

https://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=7011612 <-- weight watchers summer curry 0 point and lushhh :) x

great thread, im starting back at weight watchers when i get my vouchers through. Anyone got any nice vegetarian recipies? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->