Weight watchers

swood9

Mom of one!
Reaction score
I found out that at the 1st of the year my health insurance will offer a weight watcher discount for the online program. I'm going to try it. Why not? Anyone have experience with it? Am I going to be hungry and miserable?

Just remind urself its not a diet, its a way of life and you'll do fine! I'm on it, i've lost 14lbs (haven't updated my ticker), anyways its great. I had a few days starting where I was hungry and felt like i was starving. The key to avoiding that is drinking lots of water and eating filling foods.

Read all the material you can on the website, it will help bunches, get a support group around you. There is also support on here too :)

Cool. Are you doing online as well? I've never really had weight loss support so I'm looking forward to it. How long have you been doing it?

Im doing it online - in total i've lost 20lbs but had a few slip ups due to thanksgiving.. Start slow, don't jump in. Support is nice, but you dont need support in person though it is better. You'll find tons of support from here :)

There's a group in this section for those doing WW. I've done it for just over a year now and had great success! I jumped right in and I found that the best thing.
Drink lots of water and eat lots of veggies. I don't really have days where I'm hungry because if I'm out of points I just eat fruit or some veggies (that are 0 points).

Just remember that there will be bad days and sometimes weeks, you just have to get past it and keep going.

Great. Ill be joining after the new year.

I wish you great luck with it :) I've never done weight watchers properly, but their foods ar lovely and I use them all the time ! X

So I joined today. It's a lot to take in! I don't have a scale and I can't afford to do an entire pantry overhaul right now so I think it will be a bit of an adjustment. Any tips? Is there a ww thread?

You'll adjust quickly. Once you get the hang of it it'll be a breeze! You definitely need to get a scale if you're doing online and not meetings and I highly suggest a kitchen scale to weigh out your foods. It has made a huge difference for me for accurate points!

This is the thread for WW's
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/dieting-weight-loss-fitness/255223-weight-watchers-support-group-over-1-2-ton-weight-loss-so-far.html

Also, just because something is (for example) 1 point it doesn't automatically mean that 2 of the same thing are 2 points. It could be 3 points for 2 of the same thing. Sometimes it will be 2 points or it may be higher or lower. It's important to put everything in until you get the hang of it.

You can do it!

Thanks, I'm heading over to the thread now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->