Weird cravings...

Lauren25xx

Reaction score
I'm 32+1 and for the past couple of weeks I've been obsessed with sponges! I don't want to eat them or anything but I love making it all soapy and foamy😳 I feel so silly right now.... I've started to become obsessed with cleaning to the point where I got up at 7am this morning and started cleaning my fridge because I couldn't stop thinking about my sponge😂

Is this really not normal? What if I end up wanting to eat them?

Does anyone else feel the same? I also absolutely love brushing my teeth... Obviously it's something I do daily anyway but I just love it🙄Ahhhhh x

That is funny :) I haven't had weird cravings per se, but I have become much more attached to certain rituals. For a while, I HAD to eat two crackers and drink a small glass of milk before bed or else I couldn't sleep. It didn't really make sense but I was super attached to this routine. Also other rituals in the morning seem to become more important. Maybe I have a touch of OCD and its just coming out with the hormones... Its nothing too serious though.

If I were you, if you do start wanting to eat the sponges, you should probably tell the doctor. They say that can happen during pregnancy and I think they will do something to help you.

Loool thats so cute!! I wish i would get the energy or the love of a sponge to clean More! But on a serious note if you do feel like eating it you should call ur doc, i think they say its a deficiency in something that leads to weird cravings

Sounds like ocd. I color arranged all the hangers in all the closets on Sunday. I'm a bit controlling when I'm not pregnant. You should have seen the rage at the grocery lady for not bagging my groceries up the way I set them out. I wanted to scream. I didn't just took it out of her hand. I think it's normal... or hormonal growing another human being normal.

I think cleaning the fridge sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time. But I think I would puke.

I'm with you with the whole brushing teeth thing I love the taste of tooth paste can't get enough of it tbf lol

I'm actually craving chewing damp flannels and sponges the past of the couple of weeks ha

Omg I'm so with you on the sponges - I absolutely love the smell of them, coated in lemon washing up liquid all soapy I could just smell it all day long, sometimes I even think it would be a thirst quencher to suck on but I haven't gone that far just yet ha! Any lemony cleaning products in fact I just love..

Yes! I'm so glad you posted this lol. I'm 33 weeks 5 days and for about a week have been weirdly into sponges, I feel like such a weirdo I'm glad it's not just me. I can't stop thinking about sucking on wet sponges - I even went and bought a new bath sponge yesterday to suck on but when I tried it was like it wasn't how I imagined or what I was craving and I just felt like a freak? Lol! Another thing that's started is an obsession with ice cubes, I've heard a lot of other women crunch them and I never understood it... Then all this week I've been eating about 4 trays of it a day. I've had a hugely stressful week so I'm thinking that may have triggered it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->