Weird feeling I've never had

Xpecta

Reaction score
Today while making a special Valentine's breakfast for my kids, I all of a sudden felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like there was not enough oxygen getting in. I then started breathing deep and the more I did so, I got more and more dizzy and light headed. It started really scaring me. I started swaying and my husband had to hold me steady. Then it started fading and I continued, but still my heart feels very tight and my head feels light.

It felt like what people describe panic attacks like, but I had NOTHING going on that would make me have one.

Has anyone ever experienced this or something similar? Should I go in?
I'm laying down now, but my heart still feels tight.

I'm not technically in my 2nd trimester yet (although I could be -- we'll see what dr says in 2 days!), but I did experience this a few days ago!

I felt lightheaded and very short of breath, I kept having to take deep breaths but felt like I couldn't fill up my lungs completely. I didn't feel like I was going to pass out, but I did feel a bit weak. I have been slightly anemic in the past as well, so that could have something to do with it, but I know shortness of breath is a fairly common symptom. I've read that your lung capacity expands 20% when you're pregnant, so catching up to that is sometimes difficult.

Yeah, in my last two pregnancies I had a hard time breathing. This one has been different though. It came out of no where!

Had it been a very long time since you'd eaten? Sometimes I experience that, too, if I haven't eaten in a while awhile... could be low blood sugar or iron, maybe?

It could also have been a panic/anxiety attack as you described, those can definitely happen out of nowhere without a necessary cause or trigger.

Either way, it's not a fun feeling! :(

I had just had a snack about a half hour before that. But I hadn't eaten breakfast.

i feel that from time to time but maybe not as extreme.. I do sit down and drink a glass of water ..then i calm down a bit and take deep breaths!

However, if u feel it so strongly, i suggest u give ur dr a visit if it keeps happening.. She will check up on everything from blood pressure to whatever drs look for lol :)
Hope u feel better!! My only advice is DONT PANIC! It gets worse when u panic.. if it happens again have a seat and drink water and just breatheeee!

I ended up going. It was an ordeal. They thought it was a Pulmomary Embolism and had to give me an Ecg and a CT scan to rule it out. They said I was fine, and the tests were clear. So I'm at home now with doctors orders to rest with my feet up and to come back in if it gets any worse again. They asked if I wanted to stay there for observation, but I wanted to sleep in my own bed.

Still not feeling great, very lightheaded and weak, but I'm going to lay down as much as possible.

Oh no; it sucks that they couldn't really tell you what caused it! I hope you feel better soon. <3

Yeah no kidding. I'm guessing I just got over heated or had a panic attack of some sort. I feel better now.

I've had a panic attacks before and felt much like you described. I won't say that's for certain what it was but mine always came out of no where for seemingly no reason at all. Whatever the cause, it's always good to get it checked out if you're not sure because it's better to be cautious about such things. I hope you feel better soon.

I've had a panic attacks before and felt much like you described. I won't say that's for certain what it was but mine always came out of no where for seemingly no reason at all. Whatever the cause, it's always good to get it checked out if you're not sure because it's better to be cautious about such things. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you for your reply :) I actually did go in. My comments above explain what happened.

I have had panic attacks before much like you descibed, but I can usually pinpoint the trigger. Glad they ruled about a more serious medical condition. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->