Weird feeling on left hand side

Wtbam

Reaction score
Hi there

I was just after some advice.

I am 5w1d, and am having this strange 'feeling' on my left hand side.

The only way to describe it is a squeezing, stitch type feeling. It isn't painful at all but it is noticeable, like a pushing pressure. I can feel a pressure around the same area but in my back.

I can feel it on my back just by the area of my kidney, and in my side around my waist area, and sometimes a little lower (so where I imagine my left ovary to be).

I have been doing ic pregnancy tests and they are showing a good progression, getting darker to the point where they are now blaring positives.

Pic of 16DPO, 18DPO, 20DPO

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/Shellieshorses/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04-16100400_zps1714c0f9.jpg

I have mild nausea, and on/off abdominal cramps like mild af pains.

I am worried this could be the start of an ectopic pregnancy, because the feeling is one sided. I do not feel anything like this on my right hand side.

What do you guys think?

I would get a scan at EPU if you can. Have you had any spotting? I had an ectopic last year but the pain was a later symptom for me after brown spotting. Have you had a blood test at all yet?

Unfortunately the epu wont do a scan unless I am bleeding or I am in a lot of pain (thankfully at the moment I am having neither). I have absolutely no spotting or bleeding.

I had a blood test on Wednesday, im still waiting for the hcg result, but the progesterone result was 42.

Thanks xx

Ps when you had your ectopic, did you feel pressure first or was it just pain?

If the pain is more by your kidney, then it's possible you have a kidney infection or a kidney stone. Your ovaries are much lower down (pretty much just above your pubic bone). But if it's one sided pain, then I'd def be worried either way. I've had large kidney stones (so big they had to be surgically removed) and let me tell you-it's NOT fun. I'd mention this to your doctor. He could at least order a urine test to check for infection and/or an ultrasound to check on your kidneys. Women are prone to urinary system infections during pregnancy, I'm finding, so it pays to get it checked out.

Thank you, I wonder if it's kidney then.

At the moment there is no pain, just a strange 'pressure' type feeling. Like someone has their thumb on my back, and their forefinger on my front, and is gently squeezing? That's the best way I can describe it!

Bummer that it is the bank holiday as the doctor won't be open until Tuesday. I definitely don't need the hospital, but if there is pain or bleeding starting I will go. Fingers crossed there isn't!

Little update, ive been getting similar twinges on my right hand side - very infrequently but have felt a couple, which makes me feel a LOT better.

I wonder if this could simply be from the embryo implanting (can you feel it on one side???) Or perhaps even a corpus luteum cyst?

Hi I had something similar around 6 or 7 weeks. The only way I could describe it was the same as when I was heavily pregnant with my first child and like his feet were digging into my side. I only ever felt it on my left side too. It stopped after a week or so x

I get this with all pregnancy. Especially if I turn to quickly xx

I've had nearly identical pain come and go for the last 6 weeks or so. No explanation although I keep forgetting to mention it to my drs.
I did have a bladder infection but post antibiotics it's still there. No clue why. Since it's not excruciating I'm just ignoring it. I thought possibly gallbladder so I've been watching what I eat a little more. I think kidney or gallbladder are working overtime for Baby. Only possible explanation I could figure out.

Unfortunately the epu wont do a scan unless I am bleeding or I am in a lot of pain (thankfully at the moment I am having neither). I have absolutely no spotting or bleeding.

I had a blood test on Wednesday, im still waiting for the hcg result, but the progesterone result was 42.

Thanks xx

Ps when you had your ectopic, did you feel pressure first or was it just pain?

Ah! That doesn't sound like what I had then. :thumbup: I had brown spotting/bleeding for a couple of weeks and then I got the pain. I would describe it more so as pain than pressure. Like something was squeezing my ovary.

I reckon you're fine but give your doc/MW a call to settle your mind. Xx

Thank you. I'm going to ring them on Tuesday (bank holiday weekend in UK, argh!) just to put my mind at ease, but now I've had similar pains on the right (not as many but a couple) I feel a lot better. I was going crazy worrying it was the start of an ectopic!

Thanks for all the responses and support guys. I love having this forum so much! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->